Sources: Bonds may be subject of perjury probe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sources: Bonds may be subject of perjury probe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:03 pm

DK wrote:
kentx25 wrote:I just want him out of baseball before he passes 2 of the all time greatest baseball players in the history of the game

Arguing with you is like banging my head against a brick wall. It's noisy, painful, and pointless.

THE TWO PEOPLE HE IS SET TO PASS HAVE BEEN PROVEN AS CHEATERS. IF YOU'RE GOING TO HOLD BONDS TO THIS ANGELIC STANDARD, AT LEAST DO THE SAME FOR EVERYONE.

BONDS HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN OF CHEATING. THE TWO PEOPLE HE IS SET UP TO PASS, WHOSE RECORDS YOU WANT TO KEEP UNTOUCHED AND HOLY, HAVE, IN FACT, BEEN PROVEN OF CHEATING.

YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE.

I really had to get that off my chest. :-°

DK is neutral on the issue, and has said he doesn't like Bonds. But this is the hole in the hate Bonds mentality. Hate them all, or none. Quit picking and choosing which cheaters you like and hate.

Cheating is cheating. The Bonds haters think Bonds cheating was bad, but the other HOF cheaters records and legacy should stay intact.

You guys call it nonsense. I call it not living in a fantasy world.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:32 pm

Yanks04, MLB needs to make it's own rules, whether they are covered by US law or not.
Does US law consider it a crime to cork bats, or doctor baseballs?

Now the question to those who seem to think roids are terrible, but greenies don't add mass, so they don't help a player.

MLB st starting roids testing in 2003. Did they test for greenies then? No. You know why? Because the players union, didn't want them banned. Translation, (players wanted their greenies).

Now ask yourself this. Why would the players fight HARDER to keeping greenies not a infraction under MLB CBA, then roids? If roids are so much better as some claim (no proof that i know of), then why did the players union make such a fuss over greenies. Some of you claim greenies are harmless. Somebody ought to tell the players that?

Remember the link where the sp went up to the 8 starters that day and said, did you beanie up? I want you at youe BEST today.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Bonds is going down!

Postby cubs2238 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:32 pm

DGroundhog wrote:
cubs2238 wrote:I bet every single one of those guys who said they did not use were lying, except for McGwire who looked like a moron up there. He wouldn't answer but hey I guess at least he didn't lie.

Leave it to our sound bite society to make a guy who refused to lie under oath look bad.

While those around him were spewing a load of lies towards Congress to make themselves look better, Big Mac took the high road and was villified for it.

Sound bite society? Don't belittle me with your catchy little buzz words. At least I am not a steroid apologist. If you can tell me that McGwire didn't sound foolish in front of Congress, whether he was taking the high road or not, you apparently were not paying very much attention during the hearings. Of course you probably just watched what Sportscenter wanted you to see of the highlights.
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cubs2238 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:39 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:The part that confuses me is how people can continue to stick up and defend him when all the signs point to him taking roids.

The signs point to several other people taking roids too, but they don't get treated like Barry. Hell, people who have been proven to have taken roids don't get the same crap that Barry gets.

Aaron and Mays had allegedly used performance enhancing drugs and Ruth has allegedly used illeagal bats. Do they get torn to shreds like Bonds does?

Bonds is not the only person to use performance enhancing drugs in the MLB. Do I believe he used these drugs? Yes. But I know that the MLB isn't, as HOOTIE calls it, a "saintly church". Bonds is not ruining baseball. It is not clean, never has been. People hating Bonds over this is stupid. He takes way too much crap for something that countless numbers of people have done.

First of all thanks to everyone who supported me when someone said McGwire apparently took the high road.

Okay now on to Aaron, Mays, and Ruth....could you please post the links or show me where I can read about all of this cheating and performance enhancing drugs that Aaron and Mays were taking?
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:55 pm

cubs2238 wrote:Okay now on to Aaron, Mays, and Ruth....could you please post the links or show me where I can read about all of this cheating and performance enhancing drugs that Aaron and Mays were taking?

The Ruth links are in this thread. The Mays/Aaron links were in the 100 page Bonds thread.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:57 pm

cubs2238 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:The part that confuses me is how people can continue to stick up and defend him when all the signs point to him taking roids.

The signs point to several other people taking roids too, but they don't get treated like Barry. Hell, people who have been proven to have taken roids don't get the same crap that Barry gets.

Aaron and Mays had allegedly used performance enhancing drugs and Ruth has allegedly used illeagal bats. Do they get torn to shreds like Bonds does?

Bonds is not the only person to use performance enhancing drugs in the MLB. Do I believe he used these drugs? Yes. But I know that the MLB isn't, as HOOTIE calls it, a "saintly church". Bonds is not ruining baseball. It is not clean, never has been. People hating Bonds over this is stupid. He takes way too much crap for something that countless numbers of people have done.

First of all thanks to everyone who supported me when someone said McGwire apparently took the high road.

Okay now on to Aaron, Mays, and Ruth....could you please post the links or show me where I can read about all of this cheating and performance enhancing drugs that Aaron and Mays were taking?

I'll look for the links but I'm sure HOOT, DK or nuggets will get to them before I do.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers