Sources: Bonds may be subject of perjury probe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sources: Bonds may be subject of perjury probe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:20 pm

kentx25 wrote:I just want him out of baseball before he passes 2 of the all time greatest baseball players in the history of the game


Arguing with you is like banging my head against a brick wall. It's noisy, painful, and pointless.

THE TWO PEOPLE HE IS SET TO PASS HAVE BEEN PROVEN AS CHEATERS. IF YOU'RE GOING TO HOLD BONDS TO THIS ANGELIC STANDARD, AT LEAST DO THE SAME FOR EVERYONE.

BONDS HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN OF CHEATING. THE TWO PEOPLE HE IS SET UP TO PASS, WHOSE RECORDS YOU WANT TO KEEP UNTOUCHED AND HOLY, HAVE, IN FACT, BEEN PROVEN OF CHEATING.

YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE.


I really had to get that off my chest. :-°
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:36 pm

Kentx, you're just a hypocrite. You call Bonds a cheating scumbag but have no opinion on Gary Sheffield, who did the same thing Bonds did and lied the same way Bonds did. You have no hatred for Rafael Palmeiro, who pointed at Congress and said he never took steroids, only to actually fail a steroid test months later. You have no hatred for Mark McGwire, who broke one of your "heroes" records by using performance enhancing drugs, and took the cheap way out by saying he "does not want to talk about the past."

I'm not trying to take the focus off of Bonds and put it on other players. I'm trying to prove why you and so many others are HYPOCRITES. You hold Bonds to this standard but you shrug your shoulders when other people are proven to have done the same things.

If you're going to hate Bonds, hate EVERYONE who has done what he did. Don't hate him and him alone. It destroys your credibility and your argument. Jesus... :-°
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:42 pm

Proven cheaters my butt. You are going to clame that Ruth corked his bat. Maybe he did, but I dont know what happened so many years ago. IMO from what i have read and seen he is the greatest to ever play the game. As for Aaron people say he used greenies, maybe he did but that isnt something that will increase muscle mass and make you hit a ball farther by alot than you ever have before. Bonds took drugs that made him grow like a horse can a greenie do that??


Just so you will know what the clear, the cream and HGH can do I will post a part from the game of shadows book. I understand that it can work on people in different time frames but according to the book Tim Montgomery.


"After the summit at Balco Montgomery underwent a startling transformation. By Conte's account, he goined 28 pounds of muscle in only 8 weeks. Tiny Tim was no more. He was replaced by a compact, riped fire hydrant of a man."



28 pounds of muscle in 8 weeks. WOW that is amazing. It might explain how Bonds grew so fast and maybe even why his head jained 12 pounds in less than a year.
Image

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17435
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby kentx12 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:53 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Kentx, you're just a hypocrite. You call Bonds a cheating scumbag but have no opinion on Gary Sheffield, who did the same thing Bonds did and lied the same way Bonds did. You have no hatred for Rafael Palmeiro, who pointed at Congress and said he never took steroids, only to actually fail a steroid test months later. You have no hatred for Mark McGwire, who broke one of your "heroes" records by using performance enhancing drugs, and took the cheap way out by saying he "does not want to talk about the past."



You need to go back and check your facts before you make a post and show you absolutley have no idea what you are talking about. I have stated many times that I thought McGwire was a great stand up guy till he testified in front of Congress and now I hope he never makes the HOF and that at some point his hr record will be removed. As for Palmeiro I have bashed him many times on these boards. There is no place in baseball for any cheater especially Palmeiro who lied in fromt of the world about it. You bring up the fact that I dont have an opinion on Sheffield well maybe you should read my post a little closer. I stated that I dont know much about the Sheffield case as I dont believe anyone does. To the best of my knowledge Sheffield testified that Greg Anderson "Bonds trainer" came to him with the clear and the cream per Barry's request and showed him how to use them but he had no idea that he was using an illegal steroid. I went on to write in my post that I really wish there was some more information out about Sheffield so we would know the true story. Next time you want to call me a name go back and check your facts and make sure the shoe fits...
Image

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17435
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby DK » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:02 pm

kentx25 wrote:Proven cheaters my butt. You are going to clame that Ruth corked his bat. Maybe he did, but I dont know what happened so many years ago. IMO from what i have read and seen he is the greatest to ever play the game. As for Aaron people say he used greenies, maybe he did but that isnt something that will increase muscle mass and make you hit a ball farther by alot than you ever have before. Bonds took drugs that made him grow like a horse can a greenie do that??


This is so ridiculous I'm actually laughing. So, since you weren't around when Ruth corked his bat, it didn't happen and didn't matter? So, in 80 years when we're all dead, Bonds-to-HoF?

Greenies are meth. Meth can kill you. Nuggets once said he saw a man rip off this own arms because he pulled something so hard while he was on meth. In the short-term, they allow players to play harder and longer. Think coffee x 500.

Because Aaron used greenies, he was able to play longer and more consistently. Many of his HR's were most likely hit on days he would have been too worn down to hit them without greenies.

And again, show me a study that proves steroids will help you hit a baseball.

You have the worst logic of anyone I've ever met in my life. I'm actually speechless.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:06 pm

I see the BASH member are up to their usual spin-meister and obfuscation nonsense. 9 pages and counting. Can we get another 100 page thread defending Mr. Flaxseed Oil by blaming everyone else in the history of the game?

We all know it was flax seed oil and Bonds is Mr. Personality and a pillar of ethics and truthfullness...LMAO.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:13 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:I see the BASH member are up to their usual spin-meister and obfuscation nonsense.



You just hit the nail on the head. Nonsense. The thing I love best is that the Bonds supporters cant keep the topic on Bonds. They wont admit he did anything wrong but everyone else who has ever picked up a baseball is a cheater. This is truely amazing that people can try to justify something this way.
Image

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17435
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:22 pm

kentx12 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:I see the BASH member are up to their usual spin-meister and obfuscation nonsense.



You just hit the nail on the head. Nonsense. The thing I love best is that the Bonds supporters cant keep the topic on Bonds. They wont admit he did anything wrong but everyone else who has ever picked up a baseball is a cheater. This is truely amazing that people can try to justify something this way.


If you're going to tell me to check my facts, then make damn sure you've checked yours. I've never said Bonds is innocent. I've never said he did nothing wrong. I don't condone steroid use. I don't condone lying in court. I don't condone much of what Bonds has done. But my whole gripe with this asinine situation is with these hypocrites who act as if Bonds is satan and will be the end of humanity.

He used steroids. So did countless numbers of others. The people he is passing in the record books did everything they could to gain an edge. Ruth used illegal bats. Aaron and Mays took greenies. I'm sure if steroids were available back then, they would have been taken by a large amount of players too. Hell, Mike Schmidt admitted he probably would have used if he played in the steroid era.

Bonds is a target. Why? I'm not really sure. It could be because he was never Mr. Sunshine to begin with. It could be because of the whole race thing. It could be because he's about to break one of the biggest records in sports. I don't really know what makes people hate him that much, and not hate guys like McGwire, Sheffield, Palmeiro and Giambi just as much. It's hypocricy, and THAT is my beef with you guys.

BTW, here's an earlier post of mine from this thread, that said basically what I wrote above. I never said Bonds was innocent.

I'm not saying Bonds did the right thing. I'm not defending his steroid use. I'm defending him from all the crap he gets for having done it. The very people he is chasing in the record books have been alleged cheaters. People still want to put an asterisk on his numbers though. They want him kicked out of baseball for doing something that countless numbers of Major Leaguers did.

That's why I have the 25 in my sig. I don't condone steroid use. I just don't see the big gripe everyone has with Bonds and Bonds alone. It's hypocricy. If you're going to cry foul over Barry Bonds, then have the stones to cry foul about guys like Mark McGwire, Gary Sheffield, Rafael Palmeiro, Sammy Sosa, Jason Giambi, Jose Canseco and the countless other who have allegedly been involved with performance enhancing drugs. Better yet, have the stones to take it a step further and admit that our "heroes" of Mays, Aaron, Ruth, etc. may not have been as squeaky clean as we'd all like to think.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:24 pm

kentx12 wrote:Proven cheaters my butt.


Listen kentx,

The actual AL commissioner of baseball banned the "Crawford bat", which propelled Ken Williams and Babe Ruth to their two highest slugging percentages (by huge margins) ever, because they used them. It is as much a fact as anything you have ever been thought on a non-personal level in your entire life. It is a fact that the actual AL commit of baseball was quoted as saying Ruth and Williams used the bat (in fact he released a statement himself detailing the events and consequences), that Ruth publicly admitted to using the bat, that Ruth publicly opposed the banning of the bat, and no one from that era was ever recorded doubting Ruth used the Crawford bat. I guess back then people understood cheating was part of the game better than they do now…in fact that has been proven lately.

If you need to track down the bats, do so, they still have glue on them and others, as Dave Henderson noticed, have false ends for corking. Darn it I can't find it, but when the wow Bonds thread started I found an actual picture of a Crawford bat online...I'll PM it too you when I find it.

If you need to track down the sourcing for the AL commish's comments and reporting on Ruth's use of the bat you'll have to get a Reach's Official American Association Base Ball Guide for 1924, Link
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:33 pm

kentx25 wrote:You just hit the nail on the head. Nonsense. The thing I love best is that the Bonds supporters cant keep the topic on Bonds. They wont admit he did anything wrong but everyone else who has ever picked up a baseball is a cheater. This is truely amazing that people can try to justify something this way.


kentx25 wrote:I just want him out of baseball before he passes 2 of the all time greatest baseball players in the history of the game


YOU brought them up.

Now recant your lie.


Edited.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact