Just in case you were still hanging onto Foulke... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Just in case you were still hanging onto Foulke...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:47 am

The closer role will depend on how Foulke does. If he regains form (and there have been signs that he is on his way), then he will become the closer regardless how good Papelbon is.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:51 am

Does anyone think that Pappy will be rested today because he trew over 30 pitches last night?

Schilling throws today so I do see the chance for a save opp...but I just might bench him because I think that Pap might be given the day off and someone like Timlin or even Foulke might be the closer for today.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:55 am

Dark Knight wrote:Foulke blew another Red Sox lead again today pitching in his middle relief role. He is nowhere near being ready to close out games yet. The Red Sox have no logical choice right now other than to keep bringing in Paps as the closer.

to be fair to Foulke, he did get through one inning....but he did not make it out of the second inning that he pitched without being touched...
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby benjapage » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:05 pm

interesting that paps had a relatively rocky outing--how does he rebound? what will happen when he actually has a couple rough outings? how will he/the club react?

too early to drop foulke, methinks. and me has been thinking about it for a couple weeks. arrghhh...

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:47 pm

Keith Foulke pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning with a strikeout last night, but said prior to the game that the benefits of the Synvisc injections he received in his knees during spring training have begun to lessen, as he's feeling some of the same aches he felt before the injections were given.

Foulke said there's nothing he can do except push himself while his knees heal naturally, though one orthopedic physician with familiarity of the procedure said the injections can be repeated.

Foulke said the knees are ''still feeling uncomfortable." He said the good feeling he had in the knees not long after the shots has ''regressed over the last three weeks."

''There was a lot of benefit to it for a while and I was really excited about how I felt," Foulke said. ''There's no doubt I have a better range of motion than I did. Now it's back to the point where they're bothering me again."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... th_kazmir/

Foulke is not worth holding on to if you are doing so thinking he's taking Pap's job.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dark Knight » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:59 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:
Keith Foulke pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning with a strikeout last night, but said prior to the game that the benefits of the Synvisc injections he received in his knees during spring training have begun to lessen, as he's feeling some of the same aches he felt before the injections were given.

Foulke said there's nothing he can do except push himself while his knees heal naturally, though one orthopedic physician with familiarity of the procedure said the injections can be repeated.

Foulke said the knees are ''still feeling uncomfortable." He said the good feeling he had in the knees not long after the shots has ''regressed over the last three weeks."

''There was a lot of benefit to it for a while and I was really excited about how I felt," Foulke said. ''There's no doubt I have a better range of motion than I did. Now it's back to the point where they're bothering me again."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/r ... th_kazmir/

Foulke is not worth holding on to if you are doing so thinking he's taking Pap's job.

Great post ;-D . Just thank the good Lord if you drafted Paps in the late rounds of your draft, that you got a 45 saves guy for a bargain bin fantasy draft pick. Foulke owners, please don't hate on the Paps owners for Paps taking Foulke's job and running with it.
Dark Knight
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Jury » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:04 pm

I still think Foulke regains his job if he's pitching well in a month or two.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Joe Mauer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:24 pm

Great. I dropped Paps for Baez after Gagne went down. At the time it was a good move (and quite frankly, the only player I could drop was Paps). It can still pan out as a good move....but right now...I am kicking myself!

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:28 pm

Joe Mauer wrote:Great. I dropped Paps for Baez after Gagne went down. At the time it was a good move (and quite frankly, the only player I could drop was Paps). It can still pan out as a good move....but right now...I am kicking myself!

You must be, I think I've read about that Baez for Papelbon move from you in about 3 different places now. :-b
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Joe Mauer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:16 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
Joe Mauer wrote:Great. I dropped Paps for Baez after Gagne went down. At the time it was a good move (and quite frankly, the only player I could drop was Paps). It can still pan out as a good move....but right now...I am kicking myself!

You must be, I think I've read about that Baez for Papelbon move from you in about 3 different places now. :-b

LOL...yeah....grrr.....and this probably will not be the last time you read it....lol !+)

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers