Just in case you were still hanging onto Foulke... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Just in case you were still hanging onto Foulke...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Blade » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:06 pm

All I know is that Foulke's ERA is 4.91 and Papelbon's ERA is 0.00, and that's all I need to know.
Blade
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:08 pm

Blade wrote:All I know is that Foulke's ERA is 4.91 and Papelbon's ERA is 0.00, and that's all I need to know.

I'll take that as you admitting you are wrong. Bronson Arroyo has more homeruns than Manny, too. It's April. You won't win your league managing like that, I can tell you that much.

I expect Paps to continue to pitch well, but he could still lose the job pitching well. Take it or leave it. I'm a rookie, anyway.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Blade » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:13 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Blade wrote:All I know is that Foulke's ERA is 4.91 and Papelbon's ERA is 0.00, and that's all I need to know.

I'll take that as you admitting you are wrong. Bronson Arroyo has more homeruns than Manny, too. It's April. You won't win your league managing like that, I can tell you that much.

I expect Paps to continue to pitch well, but he could still lose the job pitching well. Take it or leave it. I'm a rookie, anyway.

That's right. no need to argue with a fantasy baseball GOD like myself ;-D .
Blade
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Irish » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:19 pm

Blade wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:

That's right. no need to argue with a fantasy baseball GOD like myself ;-D .

Dude, Papelbon has been great, but tonight's Ninth was by no means dominant. If ERA was the only thing that mattered, Jorge Sosa would not suck right now.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Blade » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:28 pm

Irish wrote:Dude, Papelbon has been great, but tonight's Ninth was by no means dominant. If ERA was the only thing that mattered, Jorge Sosa would not suck right now.

Sosa has a 10.45 ERA, so he sucks right now.
Blade
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Joe Mauer » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:41 pm

Blade wrote:
Irish wrote:Dude, Papelbon has been great, but tonight's Ninth was by no means dominant. If ERA was the only thing that mattered, Jorge Sosa would not suck right now.

So...Does this mean that Shelton in Detroit will break the single season home run record? I mean, since we are using a small sample size to project the whole season. :-?

(said in a sarcastic voice)

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby TonyCee » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:45 pm

Blade wrote:

I think he meant last year. ;-D
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:02 am

Regardless. He's been getting the job done. He's been perfect thus far, so why change him? Papelbon is safe, for now atleast.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bceagles04 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:08 am

Papelbon is fine for now...but the Sox want him to start games not close. We drafted Craig Hanson to close games. We really never wanted to have Paps close, but because of the situation, he was forced into the role.
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby josebach » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:31 am

bceagles04 wrote:Papelbon is fine for now...but the Sox want him to start games not close. We drafted Craig Hanson to close games. We really never wanted to have Paps close, but because of the situation, he was forced into the role.

Boston is 10-4 and on top of the AL East... AND Manny isn't even hitting yet. They're not going to change a thing. Francona won't let them and neither will management. Foulke has had 6 appearances and given up runs in three of them. Papelbon has had 8 appearances and has yet to give up a run. Right now they need a closer a whole lot more than they need another starter.

There's an old adage. If it's not broken, don't fix it. Sure, Papelbon will give up some runs and will probably blow some saves, but I don't think for a second think he's going to have an ERA anywhere close to Foulke.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers