Should I be concerned? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Should I be concerned?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I be concerned?

Postby nathan050904 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:51 pm

I am really nervous I own Verlander in my dynasty league do you think hes still going to be a great pitcher even though he got hit extremely hard today?
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:07 pm

Never be alarmed by one start, unless of course there is an injury that occurs. He is not the prospect he is today cause of any one outing, it's what he did in the minors over the course of last year that has people thinking highly of him. That said it shows what a young pitcher he is and that unless you have control of the strike zone, you will get hit even w/ a high 90's FB. I would of let him pitch in AAA and get more seasoning in, but the Tigers keep showing that they aren't willing to do that with their young pitching.

I'm personally not as high as most are on him, but I do think if he stays healthy he could become a potentially nice pitcher w/ a good amount of K's.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:24 pm

No need to worry about Verlander. He will be a very good MLB pitcher in another year or so. You just have to remember that he is not that far removed from Old Dominion(and probably should be in AAA right now), and that his starts this year will probably go from extreme highs(like his first start) to extreme lows(like todays start). I have him in my 15 team keeper, even though I still have him in my minors for now, and am not really planning on moving him unless a great deal comes my way.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby patty cheeks » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:43 pm

he will be an excellent pitcher in the future but now... this year is just one of his stepping stones.[/b]
patty cheeks
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dplymkr88 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:39 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:No need to worry about Verlander. He will be a very good MLB pitcher in another year or so. You just have to remember that he is not that far removed from Old Dominion(and probably should be in AAA right now), and that his starts this year will probably go from extreme highs(like his first start) to extreme lows(like todays start). I have him in my 15 team keeper, even though I still have him in my minors for now, and am not really planning on moving him unless a great deal comes my way.

You get a point for knowing his college. Most people have never even heard of ODU.
Dplymkr88
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Minor League & College Baseball