Aubrey Huff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aubrey Huff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aubrey Huff

Postby thebudguy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:37 am

He was dropped in my league! Is his injury that bad?? I know he starts slow but he turnrd it on last year at the All Star break I am thinking of dropping Sweeney and nabbing him! What is his injury status??
My three heavy hitters!
thebudguy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:42 am

I am considering dropping him. He's out for a month at least it looks like. He's got this rep as a stud hitter based on a couple of good years, but last year was pretty bad. It's hard to stomach taking up a roster spot on a guy that will hit .270 with 20 HR for you. Maybe he's do better than that, maybe he won't.
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:57 pm

SoxAndTheCity wrote:I am considering dropping him. He's out for a month at least it looks like. He's got this rep as a stud hitter based on a couple of good years, but last year was pretty bad. It's hard to stomach taking up a roster spot on a guy that will hit .270 with 20 HR for you. Maybe he's do better than that, maybe he won't.

He did alright once he got going. 92 RBI's 8 SB 70 runs
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby d18Mike » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:03 pm

I've seen him dumped in a few 10-team leagues with shallow benches. I think that's reasonable as there are some comparables on the WW -- like Sweeney

It's a questionable drop if you are in a 12-team or have a deep bench, espc. with that 3B eligibility looming.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:44 pm

acsguitar wrote:
SoxAndTheCity wrote:I am considering dropping him. He's out for a month at least it looks like. He's got this rep as a stud hitter based on a couple of good years, but last year was pretty bad. It's hard to stomach taking up a roster spot on a guy that will hit .270 with 20 HR for you. Maybe he's do better than that, maybe he won't.

He did alright once he got going. 92 RBI's 8 SB 70 runs

Yeah, he did alright, but that was certainly not the line of a stud hitter. He didn't look good before the injury either. I'm just saying that you can hold on to him but he's just as likely to produce mediocre numbers when he gets back.
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Blade » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:16 pm

SoxAndTheCity wrote:Yeah, he did alright, but that was certainly not the line of a stud hitter. He didn't look good before the injury either. I'm just saying that you can hold on to him but he's just as likely to produce mediocre numbers when he gets back.

I agree ;-D .
Blade
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:43 pm

I'm soo low on Huff, it just isn't funny. :-/
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:44 pm

In a full season, Huff is more than capable of .290 25-85-85

Unless the injury is more serious than we are led to believe or you don't have a DL spot, there is absolutely no reason to drop him, especially with that position flexibility.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:50 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:In a full season, Huff is more than capable of .290 25-85-85

Unless the injury is more serious than we are led to believe or you don't have a DL spot, there is absolutely no reason to drop him, especially with that position flexibility.

I did drop him, hoping everyone else is down on him too. I got him on my watch list and I'm crossing my fingers that I can nab him a week or two before the All Star break.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:59 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:In a full season, Huff is more than capable of .290 25-85-85

I did drop him, hoping everyone else is down on him too. I got him on my watch list and I'm crossing my fingers that I can nab him a week or two before the All Star break.

Good strategy if it works, I guess. You're probably going to lose him, unless you're in a smaller league though. I'm just stashing him on my DL until he comes back and starts hitting.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers