Updated Stat projections for Shelton? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Updated Stat projections for Shelton?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby brandnew » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:31 pm

The difference is Shelton's not on the WW. He was being picked in the 10th-12th Rounds as a decent 20-25 HR, 80 R/RBI guy to plug in at 1B or Utility. Just jump his numbers up a few.
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby Matthias » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:43 pm

Philliebuster wrote:But as stated earlier, Shelton has batted for power in the minors and for a great average.


now that's just not true really. average, sure. but power?

in 1,186 minor-league ABs, he had 48 HRs, one every 22. if you take out his single-A ball, though, you have only 8 HRs out of 365 ABs, one out of every 45 ABs. that's not great power.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:52 pm

Matthias wrote:
Philliebuster wrote:But as stated earlier, Shelton has batted for power in the minors and for a great average.


now that's just not true really. average, sure. but power?

in 1,186 minor-league ABs, he had 48 HRs, one every 22. if you take out his single-A ball, though, you have only 8 HRs out of 365 ABs, one out of every 45 ABs. that's not great power.


I was looking at basically his most 3 recent years in the minors...must have developed somehting. Your sample size includes what appears to be an anomoly in 2003 in AA-Altoona, where he had 122 AB's and ZERO homers. After going to A-Lynchburg and forward you see 558 AB's and 30 homers, and throw in MLB 2005 stats 388/18homers, we see about 30 homeruns per season average....he could be developing more power.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1238
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby nuggets » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:58 pm

The ceiling on Shelton this year looks like 115/45/120/1/.330/.425/.600

Before the season started a likely year seemed like 75/25/80/0/.280/.360/.490
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:01 pm

bellings wrote:I don't think that anyone really believes that he'll stay at number 1. (Maybe some people in public leagues..., but no one here.) I'm just saying that we shouldn't completely disregard that a week into the season, he's the #1 guy. The Cafe's position rankings have him as the 20th best 1B. I think that it's reasonable to say that he'll finish the year better than that.


It's one week into the season - relax. There's also something known as the Law of Averages ;-)
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby roninmedia » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:03 pm

Is his hot start vindicative of Derek Lee or Brian Roberts? I believe it is somewhere in between. I have him hitting in the high 20's or low 30's in HRs with about 90 RBI and 90 Runs. RBIs will increase if he is moved up in the line-up.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 1647
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grandma's Pujol » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:20 pm

another ding dong for shelton.
Grandma's Pujol
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 29
Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philliebuster » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:32 pm

Grandma's Pujol wrote:another ding dong for shelton.


#7, a two run shot. Alls I can say is I'm glad I got him. Those that don't can dismiss all they want; but i'm enjoying the ride. Almost at 10 hr's already. I'm thinking 40 by the end of this season!
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1238
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby nuggets » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:01 pm

roninmedia wrote:Is his hot start vindicative of Derek Lee or Brian Roberts? I believe it is somewhere in between. I have him hitting in the high 20's or low 30's in HRs with about 90 RBI and 90 Runs. RBIs will increase if he is moved up in the line-up.


I say neither. Both players had much more age and MLB experience. This guy is developing in to a Kevin Mitchel with potential to end up a Jason Giambi, though I don't think he has the BB/OBP potential.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:20 pm

The Jury wrote:
bellings wrote:I don't think that anyone really believes that he'll stay at number 1. (Maybe some people in public leagues..., but no one here.) I'm just saying that we shouldn't completely disregard that a week into the season, he's the #1 guy. The Cafe's position rankings have him as the 20th best 1B. I think that it's reasonable to say that he'll finish the year better than that.


It's one week into the season - relax. There's also something known as the Law of Averages ;-)


he's only 25 though, so it's not like he's some 32 year old that all of a sudden just started raking. i drafted him thinking i'd get a 300 AVG and 25 HR...i'm thinking 30+ is now a defiante possibility and i wouldnt be suprised if he hit 40 (note: i dont expect this, but i wouldnt be totally suprised now...also, i cant believe i'm saying this either. i'm a Tigers fan, i should know better)
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact