How does a commish handle this? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How does a commish handle this?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How does a commish handle this?

Postby Smee » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:23 pm

Here's the deal:

I'm the commish for a league comprised mostly of friends, unforntuately we weren't able to fill a 12 team league so I opened the league to the public to fill the remaining spots.

Immediately after the draft two of the teams that weren't run by anyone I knew made a pretty fishy trade....Bay/Zambrano/Lidge for Burrell/Batista/Harang/D. Wells. This was voted down and I locked both teams ONLY from making trades. I sent an e-mail explaining why to both owners and told them to chill and I'd unlock their teams after the first week of the season.

So I just unlocked their teams and see Garrett Anderson/Miguel Batsita for Vernon Wells/Lidge pending between the same two teams that were just unlocked. This just got vetoed by league vote also.

I'm kind of pissed right now so I'd like to get some impartial advice. This isn't a money league, it's just for fun and bragging rights.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Irish » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:29 pm

Just let the veto process take care of it like it already has
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mathias » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:29 pm

Easy, lock them from trading for the rest of the season, and if they want to trade make them inform you of the trade beforehand and you and your friends can decide if its worth letting them do.
mathias
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mbuser » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:30 pm

it's likely one person signed up for the two spots with 2 ID's. i'd lock them both down -- not much else you can do as it seems you can tell how the rest of the season will go with him/them
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby beezer » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:32 pm

I agree with Irish, just let the veto process take care of it. It sounds like someone is jerking your chain! Nobody would make those trades!
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Smee » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:38 pm

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to lock their teams from trades only and post a commish note explaining to the league why. I don't want to scare the other teams from trading but it seems like there is one person with two teams who is trying to cheat.

I'm assuming that these teams won't be active once they're locked again. What's the best course of action for the league? Should I manage the rosters? What am I obligated to do?
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheRock » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:56 am

I hate people who cheat to win a stupid free league just so they can brag to their friends. Just quit a league with a crooked commish. And he definitely topped those for shady trades.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Matthias » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:27 am

word rockpile.

agree with the peeps who say keep 'em in lockdown until they can behave themselves. doesn't make any sense to let him keep trying bogus trades just to force you and your league to go to the league page to veto. maybe one day six of the guys are sleeping or out or away for the weekend and it goes through.

if a faucet is leaky, cut off the water main. don't keep plugging it with towels that you have to replace very day.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tgalv » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:31 am

just restrict those clowns from trading. might want to lock every other aspect of their team as well. only a matter of time when he/they realize they can't make bogus trades, and instead decide to drop their entire roster trying to wreck the league.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LooseCannon » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:34 am

tgalv wrote:just restrict those clowns from trading. might want to lock every other aspect of their team as well. only a matter of time when he/they realize they can't make bogus trades, and instead decide to drop their entire roster trying to wreck the league.

I didn't think of this, but then you ultimately get inactive rosters.........

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers