100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

chipper jones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

chipper jones

Postby GoGoGodzilla » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:55 pm

anybody have a status on the injury?
laxguy8947's sig.
Here's to Mrs.Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
GoGoGodzilla
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby checkers » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:54 pm

15 day DL ... :-t
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:42 am

From whatI've read, his injury sounds like the quick healing type that should have no long term effects, though he'll probably be pretty conservative on the base paths for a bit, so expect him to hold at first rather than try for the double for a while. He's also proabably sit a few more games or get taken out early for the next Month or so when the Braves are way ahead or way behind.

By June though, he should be 100% though assuming he doesn't aggravate iit.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chinst » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:30 am

John Schuerholz was on WFAN this morning and, when asked about Chipper Jones, he remarked that Chipper had pretty bad knee and ankle injuries from playing on a "quagmire" in SF. But, Schuerholz fully expects Jones to play next Tuesday in Milwaukee.
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AT » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:15 pm

chinst wrote:John Schuerholz was on WFAN this morning and, when asked about Chipper Jones, he remarked that Chipper had pretty bad knee and ankle injuries from playing on a "quagmire" in SF. But, Schuerholz fully expects Jones to play next Tuesday in Milwaukee.

I heard that too. Schuerholz is pretty weird. I'm trying to trade for him in my weekly changes CBS league. Adrian Beltre is #!$%ing killing me.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chinst » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:23 pm

AT wrote:
chinst wrote:John Schuerholz was on WFAN this morning and, when asked about Chipper Jones, he remarked that Chipper had pretty bad knee and ankle injuries from playing on a "quagmire" in SF. But, Schuerholz fully expects Jones to play next Tuesday in Milwaukee.

I heard that too. Schuerholz is pretty weird. I'm trying to trade for him in my weekly changes CBS league. Adrian Beltre is #!$%ing killing me.

Sorry, but I don't think Schuerholz is 3B eligible.
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Hozchelaga » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:30 am

Jones has reportedly worked off the ankle injury and is now working on building some strength in his injured knee. He might be back next week, but anytime a guy gets a two-fer for the DL, it's sketchy. Fingers crossed.
Hozchelaga
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:13 am

AT wrote:

i'm banking on him coming back next week in my weekly CBS league too, mostly becasue i only have 2 DL spots and have Chipper, Crisp, Prior and Todd Jones. had an injured Prior and Todd in the lineup this week. still in first though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby chinst » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:59 pm

More good news! This is from the Braves' website:

Chipper Jones felt no discomfort while taking batting practice from the left side of the plate. Knowing that his sprained right knee is nearing full health, he's confident that he'll be activated from the disabled list on Tuesday.
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:40 pm

chinst wrote:More good news! This is from the Braves' website:

Chipper Jones felt no discomfort while taking batting practice from the left side of the plate. Knowing that his sprained right knee is nearing full health, he's confident that he'll be activated from the disabled list on Tuesday.

;-D :-)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates