A Question for Billy Beaniaks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A Question for Billy Beaniaks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rotterdam_82 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:04 am

Maybe I've missed something, what rewards did he reap from the Hudson trade? :-?
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:24 am

Same place the rewards Atlanta reaped from it. :-/
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:26 am

rotterdam_82 wrote:Maybe I've missed something, what rewards did he reap from the Hudson trade? :-?

Saving money? What is Hudson's contract? They basically ship him off the ATL and plugged Blanton in for like $300k.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BobbyRoberto » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:52 pm

The Hudson trade was Hudson for Charles Thomas, Juan Cruz, and Dan Meyer. Thomas and Cruz haven't shown much but Meyer still has potential, and the money due to Hudson was the overriding factor.

Statistically, Loaiza looked like a guy who was in the middle-of-the-pack as far as free agent pitchers went last off-season, who got paid what the going rate was for a mediocre starting pitcher. No one could have expected the 2 horrible starts he's had so far.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby looptid » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:39 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:I just felt like highlighting one if the worst contracts given out in the last 10 years or so.

Park (was already mentioned), Higginson, C. Guzman... this is no where near the top 10.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:16 pm

rotterdam_82 wrote:Maybe I've missed something, what rewards did he reap from the Hudson trade? :-?

Getting rid of the most overrated sp in bb. Hudson was good, but that was many moons ago.

Every GM makes bad moves. I'm not a Loiza fan. But give Beane some credit. In the last 5 years, only the NYY have more wins.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 292)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby ukrneal » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:01 am

And don't forget Wright and Pavano with the Yanks now. I thought they were pretty terrible at the time, and so far it has been borne out. I shook my head at the Loaiza deal though too.

Still time for all of them to make up some ground...
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:32 am

BobbyRoberto wrote:The Hudson trade was Hudson for Charles Thomas, Juan Cruz, and Dan Meyer. Thomas and Cruz haven't shown much but Meyer still has potential, and the money due to Hudson was the overriding factor.

Statistically, Loaiza looked like a guy who was in the middle-of-the-pack as far as free agent pitchers went last off-season, who got paid what the going rate was for a mediocre starting pitcher. No one could have expected the 2 horrible starts he's had so far.

Actually Juan Cruz was traded to the Dbacks, so really you count Halsey in there. He's been decent in some relief appearances this season. I'm not sure what Beane wants with Halsey and Dominguez (acquired a trade made shortly after). Their starting staff is stacked already. Also Loaiza if I'm not mistaken had the flu towards the end of spring, which means the .305 avg against mentioned above is not a true measure of his quality this year. I agree he is not that great though, and that they did not have need for his services.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers