A Question for Billy Beaniaks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe


Return to Baseball Leftovers

A Question for Billy Beaniaks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KolbSaves » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:25 pm

People are always out to find the exception to his rule (pun intended). Let's give ALL players more than a week and a half to see if they're good or not this season, eh?
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3477
Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Detroit, MI

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:52 pm

People are just now realizing that Loaiza stinks? 8-o Where have you guys been? Under a rock? :-D :-b :-D :-b

Other than his fluky year, and at home last year (in Yellowstone National Park), he's always stunk. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:07 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:I just felt like highlighting one if the worst contracts given out in the last 10 years or so.


Unfortunately my Rangers hold that title with the 5 year, $65 million they gave Chan Ho Park. :,-(
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby KPucks » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:30 am

Y`s Guy wrote:I just felt like highlighting one if the worst contracts given out in the last 10 years or so.


I'm sorry, but Loazia's contract is hardly one of the worst in the past ten years, especially when pitchers that are as bad or worse than he is are getting 6-7 million a year.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1915
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 6 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BobbyRoberto » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:34 am

This is a Loaiza rant posing as a Billy Beane question.

Loaiza has been brutal this year. I watched his first game against Seattle and his fastball topped out around 84 MPH. His control has deserted him. He does stink so far. Maybe he's injured? Either way, Billy Beane has enough good moves under his belt to make up for signing Loaiza.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 1269
Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bothell, Washington

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:35 am

BobbyRoberto wrote:This is a Loaiza rant posing as a Billy Beane question.

Loaiza has been brutal this year. I watched his first game against Seattle and his fastball topped out around 84 MPH. His control has deserted him. He does stink so far. Maybe he's injured? Either way, Billy Beane has enough good moves under his belt to make up for signing Loaiza.


That's basically what it comes down to for me, too. The guy's done so many great things that make you shake your head, that he's got to be allowed a free pass every once in awhile, and to try and take a chance to win, I suppose...
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:30 am

bigh0rt wrote:
BobbyRoberto wrote:This is a Loaiza rant posing as a Billy Beane question.

Loaiza has been brutal this year. I watched his first game against Seattle and his fastball topped out around 84 MPH. His control has deserted him. He does stink so far. Maybe he's injured? Either way, Billy Beane has enough good moves under his belt to make up for signing Loaiza.


That's basically what it comes down to for me, too. The guy's done so many great things that make you shake your head, that he's got to be allowed a free pass every once in awhile, and to try and take a chance to win, I suppose...


That's it. The A's were able to spend money this season and they did. Do I like the contract? No. But I don't see Loaiza being with the A's for the duration of it. The market for pitching will get out of control and he will be easy to trade at that price.

Don't think I heard any criticism for Schuerholtz's failed Brian Jordan, Raul Mondesi, Dan Kolb projects.

My point is no GM is perfect. The good one's just do most of the right things.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 21:05 hours
(and 27 days)

  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact