papelbon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

papelbon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:17 pm

Owunyne wrote:dont be surprised if you see papelbon starting before to long, which is what the sox have planned for him in the long term, so keep your eyes on boston to see if they trade clement or wells.

No one wants to trade anyone decent for Wells. With the way hes has been playing, I'm not sure if he has anything left in the tank. Certainly they can't count on him as a starter the whole year. He is bound to spend some time on the DL. If that is the case, they are going to have no choice, at some point, but to send Papelbon to the starting rotation. If Wells doesn't get his stuff together, it will have to be as soon as Foulke is ready to take over. That definately means they can't afford to trade Clement for anyone but a pitcher, which means they won't get much value for him. Everyone knows how he tanks it in the second half. That Arroyo trade is looking worse and worse everyday.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beatlehead84 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:33 pm

I have Foulke and Papelbon. Is it worth keeping Foulke on my roster or should I dump him?
beatlehead84
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HasteTheDay » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:09 pm

dump
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby alwaysnextyear » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:01 pm

See Ya!

I love to snatch a kiss and vice versa!!!
alwaysnextyear
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dewey finn » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:35 pm

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YA!!!!!!!!
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:44 pm

It matters how badly you need to drop him, and who else you have for closers. If you have the room on your roster, he could still get his closer's job back (in which case you'd be losing Papelbon as a closer), so it might be worth holding onto him for the first month or so, to find out how it turns out for him. He hasn't looked horrible out there. He gave up one homerun... on a hit, I might add that should have been caught, if not for a bonehead play by Pena... if he catches it, no runs scored in that inning. Even counting that, he gave up 5 hits in 4 innings (1.25 WHIP)... not bad. His BAA looks bad (at .333). This would seem to indicate that he is just getting lucky. But just the same, I'd give it until the first week of May, and then see how he is doing... uless you absolutely do not need either Papelbon or Foulke as a closer, or if you absolutely need to pick up someone else to help out the roster. JMO.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HasteTheDay » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:46 pm

from Rotoworld:

Manager Terry Francona said Friday that he has no plans of taking Jonathan Papelbon out of the bullpen.
The rest of Boston's relievers certainly aren't pitching well enough for Francona to feel comfortable doing that. "I like what we have, it’s a huge weapon," Francona said.

Good news for Papelbon owners.... keep watching him rack up those saves! ;-D
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sox 06 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:32 pm

i'm from NE and i watch every red sox game. papelbon throws 92-96 mph and just blows eveyone out. i wish i had been smart enough to get him before someone else in my league beat me to it! :~(
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby converge241 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:20 am

got a mohawk today if that counts as an injury :-]

if they were going to move pap back they wouldnt have lenny freakin dinardo starting TWICE

they DID call up delcarmen today though..let the "foulke back to closer" stuff start again (people might say a hard thrower like that could be used in 7/8 and let foulke close again)

pap is there for the year though i think
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby converge241 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:22 am

sox 06 wrote:i'm from NE and i watch every red sox game. papelbon throws 92-96 mph and just blows eveyone out. i wish i had been smart enough to get him before someone else in my league beat me to it! :~(

he was drafted in all of my leagues..surprised he wasnt in yours! figured all NE leagues he would be drafted and not a FA
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates