Wilkerson's Shoulder?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Wilkerson's Shoulder??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wilkerson's Shoulder??

Postby YanksLifer » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:35 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts or news on Wilkerson's bum shoulder? I'm debating about acquiring him as part of a trade but am reluctant based on what I've read and heard re: cortisone shots, post season surgery, etc. Thanks!
YanksLifer
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yossarian » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:37 pm

I have him in two leagues. In one league, my OF is stacked, so I'm just keeping him on the bench for now and seeing how he works out. In the other, my OF is really thin, plus that league counts Ks, so I dropped him last night for Langerhans.

He's had at least one cortisone shot already this year. He's struck out like 15 times and hasn't produced much. He just got moved from leadoff to 7th in the order. Kind of some worrisome signs.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Boggs » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:32 pm

The bump down is a GOOD sign, in my opinion. Definitely takes a load off his shoulders-and let's be honest, folks. With shoulders like that, whoever thought those shoulders needed to carry ANY burden at all really needs to lay off the....

I mean, a leadoff batting with a sub .200 Obp and avg is really not the ticket. And Texas certainly didn't grab him for the avg, they were hoping for the dingers. Why put the power guy up with no one on?

Not to mention the fact that at this point, it's totally apparent that the poor boy has psyched himself out. Maybe now, with lowered expectations, he'll relax and try to show us that he really can find a base. Any base at all would be fine for me at this point. And if he continues to K out, at least the avg won't be quite as brutal with fewer at bats.
Boggs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates