MLB.TV Mosaic!!! Sweettt!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB.TV Mosaic!!! Sweettt!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Gags Sports » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:31 am

justinA wrote:
Gags Sports wrote:So I hooked my laptop up to my TV (for the A's-Twins game) via s-video and the picture was surprisingly clear on a 30" screen.

What's even better is that I don't have to have the MLB.TV game on full-screen on my laptop in order for it to show full-screen on my TV. So basically I could do other stuff on my laptop while the game was on full-screen on my TV.

;-D ;-D ;-D

Could you explain how you did this? The only way I can show movies on my TV from my laptop is to just run the whole screen onto the TV meaning the viewing window must be fullscreen. How did you do it without being fullscreen?

I just went into my video card settings, created a clone screen and set it to TV output. I did nothing in regards to setting it to full screen. It did that for me automatically.
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:40 am

it seems cool, but i would rather they improve the quality of one game at a time before going to six. hopefully this new player will be as good of quality as realplayer was.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:21 pm

is the mosaic service up and running yet? they said mid-april..just wanted to know before signing up.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:38 pm

it wasnt available as of yesterday. havent checked today.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:50 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:oh man this is gonna be sweet. i hope they run all the audio at the same time too! ;-D

That would be awesome! ;-D

Pujols swings and hits a deep strike out walk 's to first baseman Adam Dunn is only batting .240 but has errors at short stop this year
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:24 pm

Awesome!
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby patty cheeks » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:15 pm

does anybody know when they are going to release this feature? Just excited. :-)
patty cheeks
College Coach
College Coach

Postby brandnew » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:02 pm

Hey Gags, what cord did you buy ? And how did you connect it? Can I buy like a 20 foot one... I want to hook it up from my desktop to my 20 inch sony TV one room over, can I do it? I'd LOVE this... the only thing i hate about mlb.tv is having to sit on my computer chair while watching.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gags Sports » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:20 pm

brandnew wrote:Hey Gags, what cord did you buy ? And how did you connect it? Can I buy like a 20 foot one... I want to hook it up from my desktop to my 20 inch sony TV one room over, can I do it? I'd LOVE this... the only thing i hate about mlb.tv is having to sit on my computer chair while watching.

I'm not sure what would work for you, but I've got a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop (about 3-4 years old). I'm running Windows XP. There was an adapter that came with the laptop that has an S-Video out plug on the side of my laptop. The adapter allows for 3 different types of inputs. 1) S-Video 2) Video RCA 3) I don't know what the third is.

I bought a 24 foot video RCA wire (Radio Shack) that I hook up to my TV via the adapter. The 24 feet is more than sufficient to cover my needs.

A few things to keep in mind. Just using the s-video or RCA will not allow sound from the TV. You will need to buy/use an adapter from the sound card on your laptop/desktop to the TV.

As for getting the picture on the TV, I simply did the following:

Right click on the desktop, click Properties, click the Settings tab, click the Advanced button down bottom. From here, it will depend on your video card, but for me, there is a tab that is called nView. On this tab, there is an option to "Clone" the screen. Choose this option once you have the all the wires hooked up and then follow the prompts. I doubt these instructions will work for everyone, as it really depends on which type of computer and graphics card you all have, but that's the basic idea of it.

It works great for me!!!
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby brandnew » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:03 am

I did some research and my POS computer doesn't have a TV out on the video card :-t
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers