Postby mikhayl » Tue May 02, 2006 3:48 pm

Boggs wrote:Yeah double today!

I expect about 30 more of those.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri May 26, 2006 2:09 pm

Might be a good time to start getting in those buy-lows on Aramis in about a week or two. It's getting warmer first of all (Aramis Ramirez - Some Like it Hot). Derrek Lee *may* be coming back in about 3 weeks. But most importantly Ramirez's demotion to the 6 slot in the order will have to end very soon as Barrett is going to be serving a 10 game suspension. Ramirez may not have good context numbers since no one is likely to be on base in front of him and no one will be hitting behind him but if he could get reasonably hot...even .300'ish average with some pop over the 10 games Barrett is out...he's likely to stick back in the cleanup spot. If he gets his cleanup spot back, Pierre starts doing *something* and Lee comes back then a heating up Aramis could do some serious damage.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby quitesanemax » Fri May 26, 2006 8:10 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:Might be a good time to start getting in those buy-lows on Aramis in about a week or two. It's getting warmer first of all (Aramis Ramirez - Some Like it Hot). Derrek Lee *may* be coming back in about 3 weeks. But most importantly Ramirez's demotion to the 6 slot in the order will have to end very soon as Barrett is going to be serving a 10 game suspension. Ramirez may not have good context numbers since no one is likely to be on base in front of him and no one will be hitting behind him but if he could get reasonably hot...even .300'ish average with some pop over the 10 games Barrett is out...he's likely to stick back in the cleanup spot. If he gets his cleanup spot back, Pierre starts doing *something* and Lee comes back then a heating up Aramis could do some serious damage.

Actually, it might already be too late. He's been doing pretty good lately. He's not up to full speed yet after his slow start, but he has been showing enough promise, so if an owner is paying attention, they'll hold onto him.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri May 26, 2006 8:51 pm

quitesanemax wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:Might be a good time to start getting in those buy-lows on Aramis in about a week or two. It's getting warmer first of all (Aramis Ramirez - Some Like it Hot). Derrek Lee *may* be coming back in about 3 weeks. But most importantly Ramirez's demotion to the 6 slot in the order will have to end very soon as Barrett is going to be serving a 10 game suspension. Ramirez may not have good context numbers since no one is likely to be on base in front of him and no one will be hitting behind him but if he could get reasonably hot...even .300'ish average with some pop over the 10 games Barrett is out...he's likely to stick back in the cleanup spot. If he gets his cleanup spot back, Pierre starts doing *something* and Lee comes back then a heating up Aramis could do some serious damage.

Actually, it might already be too late. He's been doing pretty good lately. He's not up to full speed yet after his slow start, but he has been showing enough promise, so if an owner is paying attention, they'll hold onto him.

I hope you're wrong but I fear your right...I was thinking I could hold off another week or two but I should have heeded my own advice in the article and went out and bought him in all my leagues instead of just one when I wrote it.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Krunk City King$ » Sat May 27, 2006 1:13 pm

he picked it up, raised his batting average and started his hitting tear during the last week of May in 2005 also....gotta love baseball.

;-D

MAY = Make Aramis Yours!

:-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Sat May 27, 2006 2:12 pm

I've been trying the past two weeks to get ARam....

Rule #1 on first half trades... ignore current stats, trade for proven veteran talent that's cold. I vultured Giles and Petitte these past two weeks. Giles is already awakening, and odds are Pettite will find his groove. Even if he doesn't, I got him cheap.

Rule #1 on 2nd half trades... don't ignore current stats and trade for category need
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Willy T 4 MVP » Sat May 27, 2006 2:16 pm

johnsamo wrote:I've been trying the past two weeks to get ARam....

Rule #1 on first half trades... ignore current stats, trade for proven veteran talent that's cold. I vultured Giles and Petitte these past two weeks. Giles is already awakening, and odds are Pettite will find his groove. Even if he doesn't, I got him cheap.

Rule #1 on 2nd half trades... don't ignore current stats and trade for category need

great rule johnsam... i traded for aram in all leagues and am now reasping the rewards. i also just traded for pettitte who is looking worse and worse every day. unfortunately most of the buy low guys are already on my team, but i refuse to sell low
Willy T 4 MVP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:15 pm

-4 for 5 last night ;-D
-average is up to around .280 ;-D
-30 hrs again this season ;-D

and i am in the playoffs....life is good...

:-°
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:21 pm

I'm not sure why people doubted Aramis this year. He does the exact same thing every...single...year. He's ice cold in April/May and heats up as the weather heats up. I've got an article on it in my article list that details his splits if anyone's interested but just realize that's what you're going to get with ARam most likely. He just doesn't play well in cold weather.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates