Teixeira's no power a cause for concern? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixeira's no power a cause for concern?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dannyolbb » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:16 pm

patty cheeks wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Dude you know who else hasn't hit been hitting bombs!

Weeks, Fielder, Ryan Howard

Dump them all

I give my players one week to perform and then I pick up wiley veterans for bombs like David Eckstein.

People need to stop panicking

haha yeah.. people are spazzing out and trading Texy, Howard, Fielder, Utley, etc. cause they have been sucking for a week. Its one week guys, calm down. We have seen many players who are in the same situation last year and turn out to be amazing at the end.

I'm not too worried and I'm not making any rash decisions, but it's funny that you listed those guys. I have them all on the same team.

And I'm not "spazzing out." It's just over a week. Give it a rest.

Maybe this should be one of the FAQs.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kemper5 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:11 am

Doubt it would happen, but what if Big Teix went 80 AB's like this.. No homers 3 RBI's.. At what point do you start to get a little uneasy?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Teixeira's no power a cause for concern?

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:16 am

kemper5 wrote:Doubt it would happen, but what if Big Teix went 80 AB's like this.. No homers 3 RBI's.. At what point do you start to get a little uneasy?

I would relax...The guy has 12 hits in like 8 games and he is taking alot of walks too so its not like he isn't seeing the ball well.....From what I know about Teix his homeruns come in waves, but what do I know. I have been accused of being a biased Teixera apologist in this very forum.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:20 am

StudentOfTheGame wrote:
kemper5 wrote:Doubt it would happen, but what if Big Teix went 80 AB's like this.. No homers 3 RBI's.. At what point do you start to get a little uneasy?

I would relax...The guy has 12 hits in like 8 games and he is taking alot of walks too so its not like he isn't seeing the ball well.....From what I know about Teix his homeruns come in waves, but what do I know. I have been accused of being a biased Teixera apologist in this very forum.

You weren't accused of anything. But you did start a brand new post asking people if there is anyone else on this planet with Teixeira's skillset. Of course people will dispute your claim since there are more than 5-6 players who are clearly better players than him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:31 am

Yoda wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:

You weren't accused of anything. But you did start a brand new post asking people if there is anyone else on this planet with Teixeira's skillset. Of course people will dispute your claim since there are more than 5-6 players who are clearly better players than him.

There are probably more than 5 or 6 players better than him, but I'm still not convinced that there is a better power hitter that does it from both sides of the plate.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby garf112 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:49 am

I worry that pitchers are pitching around him because Phil Nevin is hitting behind him (and nobody was really getting on base ahead of him), but if Phil keeps hitting the way he is, Tex will get pitched to.

Teixeira does have 3 doubles. So it hasn't been a total lack of power as was first suggested.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby kemper5 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:03 am

Last year in April Teix had 6 HR's in 100 AB's BUT in 04 he only had 2 HR's in 90 AB's and in 03 he only had 2 HR's in 64 AB's.. So maybe he's not a big April guy. He will come around Im sure..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:00 pm

Power drain is over (if there really was one), so anyone who was worried (even though it's too early to worry) can relax now.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby garf112 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:01 pm

you beat me to it, Madison.

:-D :-D
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby kemper5 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:07 pm

whoooooooo hoooooooooooo ;-) ;-D !+) :-D :-)
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers