Teixeira's no power a cause for concern? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixeira's no power a cause for concern?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Secret Avatar » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:58 am

I wouldn't worry. It's only been a week. He's making great contact and putting some hard-hit balls in play. He also tends to be streaky with the HR: he could go a week or more without a HR and then hit 5 in a week.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:04 am

its only been 1 week! dont panic, dont worry. tex always starts off slow , and this year he might even be slower than normal because of the wbc and his lack of ab's in it. just ride it out, he is still a top 5 player
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ensanimal » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:40 am

I've always wondered how long people will stick with a guy. I'm sure that Tex will be fine this year, putting up monster numbers once again. What would be interesting though is if he didn't.

What if by the end of April he had no HR's? Would we all be saying the same thing? What if by the end of May, he had 1 or 2? Would you still be sticking him in your lineup everyday, and would it affect his draft value for next year?

Just using Tex because of the thread, but I've always wonderd about this with any 1st rounder. How long would you stick with him?

What if A-Rod were to have just a horrible year this year? Still an early 1 st rounder next year? Would he be in your starting lineup all season?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:44 am

ensanimal wrote:I've always wondered how long people will stick with a guy. I'm sure that Tex will be fine this year, putting up monster numbers once again. What would be interesting though is if he didn't.

What if by the end of April he had no HR's? Would we all be saying the same thing? What if by the end of May, he had 1 or 2? Would you still be sticking him in your lineup everyday, and would it affect his draft value for next year?

Just using Tex because of the thread, but I've always wonderd about this with any 1st rounder. How long would you stick with him?

What if A-Rod were to have just a horrible year this year? Still an early 1 st rounder next year? Would he be in your starting lineup all season?

Arod was out of top 10 on a lot of people's lists following 04. People argued that he wouldn't be as productive due to park effects, etc.

I think Teixeira will fine. Off the top of my head he tends to heat up in the second half. I do wonder though if he will regress somewhat in terms of his power/RBI numbers. He had 760 plate appearances in 05 which may be difficult to duplicate.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:46 am

It's way too early. A guy like Teixeira will just go on a tear without warning, not that his current .953 OPS is anything to laugh at.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stumpak » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:53 am

You had better trade him now while you can, he may only hit one HR all year. I suggest dumping him for Vizquel--that guy is on pace for 60 HR! Or maybe Mark Mulder, his OPS is like 3.000 right now!
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby twistedude » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:09 am

Yoda wrote:
ensanimal wrote:I've always wondered how long people will stick with a guy. I'm sure that Tex will be fine this year, putting up monster numbers once again. What would be interesting though is if he didn't.

Arod was out of top 10 on a lot of people's lists following 04. People argued that he wouldn't be as productive due to park effects, etc.

I think Teixeira will fine. Off the top of my head he tends to heat up in the second half. I do wonder though if he will regress somewhat in terms of his power/RBI numbers. He had 760 plate appearances in 05 which may be difficult to duplicate.

We've probably all seen examples of former top 10 picks dropping to late rounds because of one (or more) mediocre or injury riddled season. Thome, Rolen, and Renteria are three good examples, they went in the 7th-10th rounds in most of my drafts, Renteria sometimes even later. They have been proving their worth early in the season. That's not to say they don't carry risk of course, Thome's back and Rolen's shoulder could give out at any at bat.

To echo what everyone else has said, Teix is hitting well (minus the power) is not injured, and by all odds the HR's will start coming soon.
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)

Postby CHE » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:44 pm

its been a week, :-° Alot of top picks havent had a HR yet 8-o
ThA KinG : 55 points - tied for first place
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:56 pm

Dude you know who else hasn't hit been hitting bombs!

Weeks, Fielder, Ryan Howard

Dump them all

I give my players one week to perform and then I pick up wiley veterans for bombs like David Eckstein.

People need to stop panicking
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dc928 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:49 pm

Be patient, Be patient and Be patient is my word. I mean he is a 1st rounder, who can you trade to get equal value at this point so I guess at this point you just have to be patient and wait for the power to come.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers