Brad Wilkerson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brad Wilkerson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:27 pm

Yoda wrote:How long before they move Kinsler to leadoff?


Hopefully soon...Wilkerson is really killing their offense. :-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:32 pm

Yoda wrote:How long before they move Kinsler to leadoff?


won't happen.
not for a while atleast. kinslers a rookie who had 0 major league experience till this year. i like kinsler, he could make a great leadoff hitter eventually, but not this early in his career... he needs to settle in first, face pitchers a second time around,etc.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4810
Joined: 3 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Boggs » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:40 pm

He is just PAINFUL to watch! I feel bad for him. I think he needs to take a day to book back to back appointments with his trainer, to check on that shoulder, and then the sports psychologist. Maybe a hypnotist? He must be in quite a mental rut after all this.

(and as I type, he just flied out...he might be comin up on a sub-100 avg soon 8-o )
Boggs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 159
Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:56 pm

rentz wrote:he's never faced most of these pitchers since he is switching from the national league.


exactly
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:58 pm

wrveres wrote:
rentz wrote:he's never faced most of these pitchers since he is switching from the national league.


exactly


And what makes anyone think he'll get better in the near future then? I mean I realize he won't continue hitting .100, but it's not like he's suddenly going to start hitting like he did after years of experience in the NL East. It could take all season for him to really start feeling comfortable. Combine that with a weak shoulder that we've been hearing about for a few weeks and I am really not optimistic about a solid season. Decent maybe, but nothing like most people were expecting when they drafted him.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:08 am

slomo007 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
rentz wrote:he's never faced most of these pitchers since he is switching from the national league.


exactly


And what makes anyone think he'll get better in the near future then? I mean I realize he won't continue hitting .100, but it's not like he's suddenly going to start hitting like he did after years of experience in the NL East. It could take all season for him to really start feeling comfortable. Combine that with a weak shoulder that we've been hearing about for a few weeks and I am really not optimistic about a solid season. Decent maybe, but nothing like most people were expecting when they drafted him.


He is changing leagues, which means new pitchers and a new team, so sure he is going to struggle early. Tack on any shoulder issues, and what you are seeing is what a career .255 hitter, who has K'ed 150 times every season, looks like when he struggles.

were you guys expecting a .300 hitter here or something, just cus he moved to Arlington?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:13 am

wrveres wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
rentz wrote:he's never faced most of these pitchers since he is switching from the national league.


exactly


And what makes anyone think he'll get better in the near future then? I mean I realize he won't continue hitting .100, but it's not like he's suddenly going to start hitting like he did after years of experience in the NL East. It could take all season for him to really start feeling comfortable. Combine that with a weak shoulder that we've been hearing about for a few weeks and I am really not optimistic about a solid season. Decent maybe, but nothing like most people were expecting when they drafted him.


He is changing leagues, which means new pitchers and a new team, so sure he is going to struggle early. Tack on any shoulder issues, and what you are seeing is what a career .255 hitter, who has K'ed 150 times every season, looks like when he struggles.

were you guys expecting a .300 hitter here or something, just cus he moved to Arlington?


I see you've got your expectations set about right. .250 +/- 15 points or so seems about right. It would be nice to see him draw a few walks every now and then...he seems to have forgotten about that aspect of the game.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J.C.Fighter » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:21 am

this is sad ..

you're a leadoff hitter and you only have one walk?

:-t :-/
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1620
Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:29 am

J.C.Fighter wrote:this is sad ..

you're a leadoff hitter and you only have one walk?

:-t :-/


it is 6 games .. :-o
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thursday » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:43 am

wrveres wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:this is sad ..

you're a leadoff hitter and you only have one walk?

:-t :-/


it is 6 games .. :-o


Yes, 6 games, but you can still walk more than once. Leadoff hitters are supposed to, you know, GET ON BASE.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2258
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact