Please advise on how to improve my team. Thanks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please advise on how to improve my team. Thanks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please advise on how to improve my team. Thanks

Postby Redlegs » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:01 pm

Hi, please adivse on how I can improve my team, which is in a Yahoo H2H 6x6 scoring system league (the sixth stats are for batting-fewest k's wins, and for pitching-fewest games lost wins)

I faired pretty well in the first week and in my opinion, pitching is my strength and my offense could use some more power.

C-Barrett
1B-Giambi
2B-Cantu
3B-Beltre
SS-Peralta
OF-Crawford
OF-Ichiro
OF-Sheffield
Util-Thome
Bench-Lugo
Bench-C.Tracy

SP-Johan
SP-C. Zambrano
RP-Turnbow
RP-Guardado
P-Zito
P-Escobar
P-E. Santana
P-Baez
P-Cotts
P-Farnsworth
DL-MacDougal

I put the roster up as I have to set it in the league. You start 2 starting pitchers, 2 relievers and 3 other pitchers of any sort. I try to maximize save opportunities and put in the middle relievers for extra help.

Please advise what I may be able to do trade-wise, waiver-wise, and who I may consider trading/waiving, and whom to pick up.

Thanks.
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redlegs » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:52 pm

just bumping for a response. any input is much appreciated. thanks
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby luckygehrig » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:33 pm

I like your offense. You have a good mix of power and speed. You're not going to blow anyone away in the power cats, but you should have enough to compete. If Beltre can improve over last season that would provide you a huge boost. Once Lugo comes back you'll have a nice combo of guys for SB. Tracy will be excellent coming off the bench. You have quite a few guys who all qualify at 1st (Giambi, Thome, and Tracy) if you wanted to trade for an upgrade elsewhere, that's probably where it should come from. SP looks good. Johan and Zambrano are established aces who will anchor you all year. Zito and Escobar are both excellent middle of the rotation guys. RP looks decent. Turnbow has been solid this year and Baez has been while filling in for Gagne. Cotts is next in line for the closing job should Jenks falter,but it looks like he might be cementing himself in. Farnsworth will be a nice pickup for ERA and WHIP. When MacDougal gets back, you'll have to chose who to drop. Maybe you can trade one of your closers or MR guys off to make room for that now.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redlegs » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:49 pm

hey thanks a ton for that analysis, much appreciated. im throwing some thoughts around for other people and their teams too. thanks again
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team