Prior - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Prior

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:25 pm

From Rotowire:
Prior (shoulder) threw about 30 pitches from the bullpen mound before Tuesday's game, the Associated Press reports. Pitching coach Larry Rothschild said Prior has progressed to a point where he doesn't feel any pain. He will throw again Friday in Arizona. This is good news for Prior owners, though we'll remain agnostic about his prospects until he faces hitters in a rehab assignment or a major league game. If all goes well, Prior could be back at some point in early to mid May.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ditka311 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:38 am

BillyHallDisciple wrote:The most hilarious part of that update is the comment that they have him on an "accelerated schedule." Doesn't seem like things are happening all that fast to me. Once he comes back I'm sure he'll tweak something again. I'm done with Prior forever.

He is on the "accelerated program" because they must have skipped the towel drills and chair drills. Pretty soon you will hear: "Kerry Wood and Mark Prior played ski ball today and reported no pain. Tomorrow they will go through frisbee drills before thinking about pitching simulated games at the end of April."

A Ram hurt again...where do they find these trainers?
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ditka311 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:51 am

Ok, in all seriousness and per the Chicago Cubune, the Cubs expect him back a week or 2 after Kerry Wood. Wood is targeting May 4th or 5th at the latest and the last week of April at the earliest.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-060411cubsbrite,1,2440008.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby phys » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Anybody have any updates since the last post on 4/11?
phys
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Mark Prior (shoulder) is scheduled to throw about 30 pitches off of a mound on Friday.
Prior completed the same bullpen session on Tuesday. If he keeps progressing he should return to the Cubs around mid-May.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:45 pm

If he keeps progressing I think he will be back first week of May.I hope so because my staff could really use him right now
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby dooz » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:52 am

Apr 16 Chicago Cubs SP Mark Prior (shoulder) threw 40 pitches Friday, April 14, at the team's spring training facility in Mesa, Ariz., according to Carrie Muskat of Chicago.Cubs.MLB.com. He did two 20-pitch sessions, resting in between, said pitching coach Larry Rothschild.

taken from the yahoo! player notes...

on a slightly related note, how do i format a quote to include the authors name?
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates