Coco Crisp - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Coco Crisp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:43 am

thedude wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:ugh...please let this report be false. i have only 2 DL spots and have Prior, Todd Jones, Chipper and now Crisp :~(
!+) ouch.

So far there is only one source reporting this...

Plus the one source is WHDH Channel 7. They're not the most reputable source for breaking news, especially in sports. The discussions on Sons of Sam Horn, one of the best places for insider news for the Sox, are saying that nothing has been confirmed and there hasn't even been any x-rays. They report that Crisp is still able to close his fist, which usually is a sign that it's not broken. Furthermore, WEEI Sports Radio reportedly called Crisp himself this morning and he said that he was fine.

My take is that the O's doctor said there is a possibility that it's broken since they haven't seen any x-rays. They have to take every precaution on these thing for liability purposes since there is so much at stake w/ a professional athlete. This info was probably leaked and blown WAY out of proportion by changing slight possibilities into reported fact.

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:24 pm

cbs sportsline has him out til mid may(4 weeks) with a broken finger. Now I have him and CC on the DL until May. I'm taking a hit this April :-o
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:36 pm

Fractured left index finger per the Boston Herald. Said it would be announced this afternoon when the Sox announce that Ortiz has signed an extension.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Morrison8312 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:55 pm

Yup Crisp is out a month maybe as much as 6 to 8 weeks...Ortiz's press conference is at 3 PM est
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby colemwi » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:41 pm

Luckily, I only have him in 5 of my 6 leagues. Any Boston fans have opinions on who will start- Stern or Pena?
colemwi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thedude » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:42 pm

colemwi wrote:Luckily, I only have him in 5 of my 6 leagues. Any Boston fans have opinions on who will start- Stern or Pena?

They both will get time for now.

When Pena plays center, Youkilis is expected to leadoff.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby Boggs » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:49 pm

Well, unfortunately, this is a pretty good deal for both of them at the moment (Stern and WMP).

Stern is a bit more ready for the Sox's big stage/familiar with the way the Sox do it, and this is also a perfect oppurtunity to get his requisite big league games in before he moves over to the Minors.

I'd expect to see Stern out there more then Pena, but look out for Pena on the lefty days , and coming in later in the games. That would be my best bet. (I personally hope to be there on the Stern days!!!)

But I am REALLY bummed about Coco. Moreso for his sake than the Sox. We can rally from anything-and have. But he must just feel so ridiculously upset and probably pretty embarassed.
Boggs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:11 pm

Boston Red Sox Medical Director Dr. Thomas Gill this afternoon issued the following statement regarding the condition of outfielder Coco Crisp:

“Coco has a non-displaced fracture at the base of his left index finger,” said Gill. “He will be placed in a splint for 10 days and reevaluated at that time. Once sufficient healing has occurred, Coco can begin batting and return to baseball activities. No surgery is indicated at this time.”

I think 6-8 weeks is not likely at all, unless Coco isn't a good healer-- then surgery might be required and 6-8 weeks might be likely or maybe conservative.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:16 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:Boston Red Sox Medical Director Dr. Thomas Gill this afternoon issued the following statement regarding the condition of outfielder Coco Crisp:

“Coco has a non-displaced fracture at the base of his left index finger,” said Gill. “He will be placed in a splint for 10 days and reevaluated at that time. Once sufficient healing has occurred, Coco can begin batting and return to baseball activities. No surgery is indicated at this time.”

I think 6-8 weeks is not likely at all.

i am kind of worried that it's at the base of his left index finger though...that's right where you grip the bat and he's gonna feel that when smacking into a 95 MPH fast ball. i'm worried about him re-injuring it if they rush him back too soon

but yeah, i think 6-8 weeks is way too long, i'd guess more like 3-4 weeks
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thedude » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:34 pm

:-t :-t
This is bad.

Either the Red Sox have OBP with no speed leading off (Youkilis), or Speed with no obp or power (stern).

Hopefully will take this boost in playing and use it to prove he belongs in the majors.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates