CF - Griffey
RF - Drew
OF - Holliday
Util - Shelton
Util - Ensberg
B - Tracy
Sp - Zambrano, King Felix, Schill, Prior, Shmidt, Haren, Mulder
Rp - Streets, Turnbrow, Dempster, Gordon

Do I need more speed to win in an 8 man contest? Lugo was dropped because of injury, should I go grab him, and if so who to drop
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiderfan185 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:46 am

Great team! U dont need to make any real moves now, and what you lack in speed, is made up for in HR's, which are worth more.
"Am I insane, or just so sane I blew your mind?!"-kramer
raiderfan185
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sj2k » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:28 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention its a roto league, so the HR's aren't worth more. I am thinking of getting lugo or taveras
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby luckygehrig » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:15 pm

You have tons of power on offense. Loaded at every position there. Reyes is a good source of SB and Pujols will contribute a few but if you can add one more base stealer, you should be set on offense. Even for an 8 man league, nice work getting Pujols, Utley, MCab, Manny, and Tejada. All those guys are first or second round picks. Your team looks really good, but in small leagues, injuries usually play the biggest role because everyone has an allstar lineup. I like Tracy on your bench. He'll be solid there. SP looks awesome all the way through. Again, since this is a small league though, other team's staffs probably look pretty good too. You have plenty of aces and your last two guys, Haren and Mulder are both excellent middle rotation guys. RP looks good. Street and Turnbow are both stud closers. Dempster will be solid and Gordon will be too so long as he stays healthy. He threw a lot of innings the past few season in NY, so that's the biggest concern there.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sj2k » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:18 pm

Its a keeper, so I was lucky to have some very solid keepers, and a pretty solid draft. I am trying to sell high on shelton right now, who should I try to get for him
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby luckygehrig » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:56 pm

sj2k wrote:Its a keeper, so I was lucky to have some very solid keepers, and a pretty solid draft. I am trying to sell high on shelton right now, who should I try to get for him

I think that really depends on the knowledge of the other owner. If they think he'll keep it up all year, you can aim pretty high. Otherwise, you might not get as much as you want. Not really sure where you'd try to upgrade at. Maybe try for a super-utility guy like a Figgins or Freel, but I doubt you'd be able to pull that off. Maybe try for another OF in case Griffey or Drew hits the DL.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sj2k » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:46 pm

Not sure either, but there are some owners who want shelton, and I want to sell him high
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team