David Wright: NL MVP? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Wright: NL MVP?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:00 pm

I was drinking beers with a few of my buddies at a bar Thursday night sitting directly across from David Wright and his date (Smokin hot by the way) at like 1am. So I turn to my buddy and tell him to bench him tomorrow because there's no way he'll have any energy left tomorrow. Guy goes out and homers. David Wright = Stud.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:05 pm

How does a Met get a girl? I can see it sucking going out on a date. The girl's probably completely into him because he's the complete package. Then some idiot Met fan comes up and says "you are the savior of the Mets franchise." "Did you say Met? Wow, bye."

Disclaimer: I realize I'm lame, I'm working on it
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:20 pm

yessss...the preciousssssss....

I have him on 2/3 teams...the two teams I have him on are winning so far (one by 17-4 in H2H but I'm kind of discounting the magnitude of the victory as the team I am matched up against is pursuing an utterly misguided speed/ MR strategy...) and the one I couldn't get him on is losing. ;-D :-D

I'd say the MVP is a bit premature but I am CERTAINLY pleased w/ the results so far. As the Mets go, so will go the MVP. Delgado may give him a run for his money but I suspect the Mets would be pleased to have them running neck and neck? :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby yossarian » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:52 pm

I have him on both of my teams. Got him at the end of the 1st round. I had him last year, and I really wanted him this year. I was happy I ended up drafting late in first round both leagues so I could get him without feeling like I was reaching.

It IS just a week into the season so far, so let's not get ahead of ourselves though. :-)

From what I've read about Bonds so far, he really hasn't looked that good. A lot of people seem to think that his knees are really limiting him, even to the extent that I read an article the other day questioning whether or not he can hit 48 more homers to break the record.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dplymkr88 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:07 pm

As the resident David Wright homer, I think an MVP is possible but like others have already said, it's AP's to lose. I'll be very happy to see Wright improve on his numbers from last year. Super nice guy too.
Dplymkr88
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedude » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:26 pm

brandnew wrote:Does anyone else think 30 SBs is a bit much for him?

i certainly do.

If he is hitting for enough power to be considered for mvp, the mets will put a stop to his stealing.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:31 pm

thedude wrote:

i certainly do.

If he is hitting for enough power to be considered for mvp, the mets will put a stop to his stealing.

I wouldn't put 20 out of reach at all, but 30 does seem a bit high. A-Rod still managed to steal between 20 and 30 bases a year, while putting up MVP caliber numbers...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 373)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:34 pm

randolph is a moron for not batting wright 3rd. floyd should bat 5th and beltran should drop to 6 until he proves somthing in new york.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby thedude » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
thedude wrote:

i certainly do.

I wouldn't put 20 out of reach at all, but 30 does seem a bit high. A-Rod still managed to steal between 20 and 30 bases a year, while putting up MVP caliber numbers...

I don't think 20 is out of reach either, but 30 is probably out of reach. As players become established stars the number of steals they get goes down,

Look at A-Rod He was once a 40-40 player, then as his value to his team increase they stopped letting him steal and his steal totals dropped way off. He started stealing again in 2004 as he tried to prove himself to NY fans.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:42 pm

We need a nickname for him, its not cool just saying David Wright all the time. :-b

Im gonna go out on a limb and say Wright takes the NL MVP just over Pujols.

120-35-120-20-.320

<---- Big David Wright Fan
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers