The Spezial 'When Will Cinci Start Freel Fulltime?' Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Spezial 'When Will Cinci Start Freel Fulltime?' Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby justinA » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:09 am

wurthit wrote:I would love to see him traded to somewhere he can play everyday. 50SBs if he could play every day hell at this rate he will get 50 by the all star lol JK.

Why the JK? I honestly think he will have something around that by the break. My bold prediction for this year after the first week is that he will approach 100 this year. Sure, sure, call me crazy.. but nobody has the assets he does on the basepath and the manager to let him run.

He steals againsts lefties, he steals third, he has his own green light probably everytime.. he will be over 70 atleast I predict, but barring injury he should be near triple digits. I know, you think I am crazy, but why the hell not! There is nothing stopping him.. The playing time issue will be resolved soon once Cinci realizes how much he affects the game.

So there it is.. let's see how smart/stupid he makes me look!
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:12 am

justinA wrote:
wurthit wrote:I would love to see him traded to somewhere he can play everyday. 50SBs if he could play every day hell at this rate he will get 50 by the all star lol JK.

Why the JK? I honestly think he will have something around that by the break. My bold prediction for this year after the first week is that he will approach 100 this year. Sure, sure, call me crazy.. but nobody has the assets he does on the basepath and the manager to let him run.

He steals againsts lefties, he steals third, he has his own green light probably everytime.. he will be over 70 atleast I predict, but barring injury he should be near triple digits. I know, you think I am crazy, but why the hell not! There is nothing stopping him.. The playing time issue will be resolved soon once Cinci realizes how much he affects the game.

So there it is.. let's see how smart/stupid he makes me look!

Starting 1/2 of a team's games would certainly stop him... and as I keep saying, this is Cinci. More often than not there is no rhyme or reason to what they do... they are a constant shake of the head, so I assume nothing with them...

If Freel gets his at bats, I could definitely see him surpassing 60 this season, though...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby JoeMoney19 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:49 am

basically, the way I see it, freel is the second tragedy of cincinatti...we all know griffey is #1, but freel is quickly becoming a close second...I truly believe freel could approach 100 sb's in a year if he could get a full-time job...the fact that he hasn't given that chance, honestly, is a disgrace...I feel bad for griffey for getting hurt, and I feel bad for freel not being given a chance to reach his potential...the reds, in general, are an organization of untapped potential as a result of unfortunate circumstances
JoeMoney19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby inkognito » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:58 am

Keeping the rate he has so far, he is about to get 100 SBs. Adding a fulltime starting job to him, he will get 150 :-D

HELL, even if he had a .250 average against righties, why woulnd't you start him when you know that ALMOST ALL OF HIS SINGLES TURN AT LEAST INTO DOUBLES BY STOLEN BAGS?!?
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby inkognito » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:00 am

OMG I understand that runs are more important to the manager than SBs, but with all those SBs, I am positive that Freel would get 120-130 runs easily!
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:43 am

Cinci facing RHP Santos today, so let's see if management has changed their mind on Freel yet. My common sense says he ought to be in the lineup, but maybe he hasn't quite convinced them yet... Drama! :-o
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby mikhayl » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:39 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Cinci facing RHP Santos today, so let's see if management has changed their mind on Freel yet. My common sense says he ought to be in the lineup, but maybe he hasn't quite convinced them yet... Drama! :-o

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=260409117

Womack with the start today :-t
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby brandnew » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:44 pm

That's just awful.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bravelaker » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:49 pm

Womack in the lineup today whats a guy got to do to get regular playing time :~( :-t :-P
bravelaker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bravelaker » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:04 pm

I cant comfirm this but my friend told me in an interview the reason he wants to platoon all those guys is to keep them fresh :-/
bravelaker
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers