100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cameron Maybin

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cameron Maybin

Postby markj11 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:23 am

mtxdevil wrote:
hoya1982 wrote:
Tommy John wrote:No, really, does anyone have any insight on the now part of this. I could trade for him for cheap and stash him in my keeper league but I also have Adam Jones. Does anyone think he will be up before June or will he be a late call-up? Right now there centerfielders are pretty shaky at best.

I think the OP mislead you, he is with the Marlins now not the Tigers, so Curtis Granderson is not blocking him anymore. I think he has a good shot to get called up in May and become the first player to hit 3 home runs in one game.

The OP's post was made in 2006... when he was still in the Tigers system. B-)

You have to realize that the people around here with a lot of post got them by making unhelpful meaningless post (at least that is all I see around here lately)
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tommy John » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:46 am

I guess you all aren't reading the posts very clearly. I stated that it was an old post and that the guys manning centerfield for Florida right now are only there until he arrives.

FLORIDA, maybe I should have underlined and italicized the word and put it in huge font for all you overachievers in here. :-X

So, does anyone have any insight on the topic?
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hoya1982 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:16 am

Tommy John wrote:I guess you all aren't reading the posts very clearly. I stated that it was an old post and that the guys manning centerfield for Florida right now are only there until he arrives.

FLORIDA, maybe I should have underlined and italicized the word and put it in huge font for all you overachievers in here. :-X

So, does anyone have any insight on the topic?

Yes, we know he is playing for Florida. Did you know that Dontrelle Willis was traded in the same deal? Now that is someone I would avoid.
hoya1982
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:33 am

Hey guys, I don't know if you realized this or not, but the topic was started in 2006. He's not on the Tigers anymore, they traded him to the Marlins
Last edited by teddy ballgame on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:38 am

hoya1982 wrote:
Tommy John wrote:So, does anyone have any insight on the topic?

Yes, we know he is playing for Florida. Did you know that Dontrelle Willis was traded in the same deal? Now that is someone I would avoid.

Hey hoya,

You don't have a lot of posts around here, so you're not allowed to make unhelpful or meaningless posts.

What were you thinking? ;-7
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Matthias » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 am

Don't know any more about Maybin that Google can tell me, Tommy John. He started off the spring hot but has cooled off a bit now. This was from yesterday.

.278: Cameron Maybin’s batting average through Sunday with the Carolina Mudcats, the Florida Marlins’ Class AA affiliate located in Zebulon. After starting the season with 6 hits in 13 at-bats, Maybin, the former Roberson High player whom the Detroit Tigers took with the 10th overall pick in the 2005 draft, went 9-for-41 (.219).

And then Sportsline's analysis of the situation...
Maybin dominated Double-A last year, too. He likely belongs in at least Triple-A, but Carolina is much closer to South Florida than New Mexico. That is the good news. Maybin could be called up earlier than most elite minor league prospects, especially since he likely should have been the starting center fielder for the Marlins anyway.

In other words, not too much.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:53 am

Matthias wrote:Don't know any more about Maybin that Google can tell me, Tommy John. He started off the spring hot but has cooled off a bit now. This was from yesterday.

.278: Cameron Maybin’s batting average through Sunday with the Carolina Mudcats, the Florida Marlins’ Class AA affiliate located in Zebulon. After starting the season with 6 hits in 13 at-bats, Maybin, the former Roberson High player whom the Detroit Tigers took with the 10th overall pick in the 2005 draft, went 9-for-41 (.219).

Maybin dominated Double-A last year, too. He likely belongs in at least Triple-A, but Carolina is much closer to South Florida than New Mexico. That is the good news. Maybin could be called up earlier than most elite minor league prospects, especially since he likely should have been the starting center fielder for the Marlins anyway.

Marlins have promoted some of their elite players straight from AA to MLB. They did this with MCab and Hanley so it wouldn't surprise me to see Cameron skip AAA and join the big team mid season.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:10 am

teddy ballgame wrote:Hey guys, I don't know if you realized this or not, but the topic was started in 2006. He's not on the Tigers anymore, they traded him to the Marlins

Nick Markakis did it once.

Oops, wrong thread! :-D
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby hoya1982 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:27 am

Yoda wrote:
Matthias wrote:Don't know any more about Maybin that Google can tell me, Tommy John. He started off the spring hot but has cooled off a bit now. This was from yesterday.

Marlins have promoted some of their elite players straight from AA to MLB. They did this with MCab and Hanley so it wouldn't surprise me to see Cameron skip AAA and join the big team mid season.

Seriously, I do think he will be up sometime in June or July, but will not be worth owning this year unless you are in a keeper league in which case he should already be owned..... except I do think you should have him in that one game where he hits three home runs.
hoya1982
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:51 am

hoya1982 wrote:Seriously, I do think he will be up sometime in June or July, but will not be worth owning this year unless you are in a keeper league in which case he should already be owned..... except I do think you should have him in that one game where he hits three home runs.

He might be worth owning if he plays full time and steals a bunch of bases. I'm not that high on him but he is regarded as a very high prospect by most scouts and minor league evaluators.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers