Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby EvSolo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:06 pm

beat me to it. nice job ;-)
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scr » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:31 pm

I understand they SAY they want Delmon to develop his patience at the plate. But as I recall, they stressed to him NOT to hit homeruns, but to make contact. I am guessing that is because the power will come, and they don't want a player developing bad habits. Hence the reason for the low HR production. He did what they asked him to do.

Now, if the player does as management adks, what is holding up his accent to the major leagues?

Logjam at the major league level? Other posters have shown that's not the case.

No, they are holding out to make a Kazmiresque trade-but it won't happen. They would make a great fit with Toronto (Lugo), but they will not trade him without a player like Kazmir coming back. Minnesota has great starting pitching in AAA. Dont you think a guy like Garza would be a perfect fit for Tampa? Tampa would then have to give up some talent- say a Baldelli and a Hollins. But guess what-they won't because they are too high on their players and want to absolutely steamroll other teams. Baldelli would do great in Minnesota-Hunter is out. Perfect fit. You make that deal with Minny and Toronto and you've got the opportunity to bring up Dukes, Upton and Young.

Why doesn't it happen?

I believe it's the obvious, tried and true history of the Devil Rays to be penny wise and dollar foolish.

You need to look no further than a few miles south-see the Marlins-to understand that a young nucleus of rookies can bring excitement (and attendance) & winning back to Tampa.

Is it any wonder why they always finish dead last?

Sorry, man-it's just frustrating. It's right in front of their faces.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby killa3312 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:25 pm

Well, whatever the case is, the last seven games Young's BB/K ratio is 4/0. Oh, and he homered again tonight. He's only hitting .350 (first in IL) with an .898 OPS (5th in IL) as a 20 freakin' year old. The kid is ready... hell, he was ready last year.
killa3312
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rmande09 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:11 am

I stated that the new FO is clearly addressing the situation as they MOVED Huff to clear a logjam in the OF. This also addressed a situation with Upton, who NEEDS to be up. It gave them an excuse to move Upton off SS, a reason for Upton to accept a move off SS (because we know he wasn't willing otherwise), and will allow him to play steadily in the Majors... well, forever.

As you said, the Rays are trying to move some of their players but are not going to move them for sh*t. You think the Twins are gonna trade Garza for Baldelli? You're nuts. The Rays aren't going to move a guy and get crap in return.

Delmon will continue to progress at AAA. Sure, he may or may not be ready, but it's not like his progression is going to come to a halt because he has mastered AAA. He still has tons of work mentally. Rather than shutting up and working hard for just another month, he had to open his mouth and go public and look foolish. In one month, you'll be up for the rest of your career. And if he didn't throw hiks bat at the umpire, he'd be up by now.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rmande09 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:13 am

killa3312 wrote:Well, whatever the case is, the last seven games Young's BB/K ratio is 4/0. Oh, and he homered again tonight. He's only hitting .350 (first in IL) with an .898 OPS (5th in IL) as a 20 freakin' year old. The kid is ready... hell, he was ready last year.

He clearly was not ready last year, evidenced by his poor transition to AAA. And it's not like he showed he was ready for the Bigs in ST.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:55 am

I read an article that said Delmon Young will be called up by the end of the week and could be up to the team as early as tommorow, i will try anf find the link.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jellyroll » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:07 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I read an article that said Delmon Young will be called up by the end of the week and could be up to the team as early as tommorow, i will try anf find the link.

Thanks... here comes the anticipation...!!
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby scr » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:28 pm

I could not find any info anywhere.....it would be nice to see the kid get a crack at the show.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jellyroll » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:35 pm

yeah I don't see anything either.
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:26 pm

I still can't get the link to come back up :-[ , i will try ;-D

It basicly was saying young will be called up and gomes will go to the DL.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball