Is there anyone in the game who has this skill set? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is there anyone in the game who has this skill set?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mikekim2121 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:03 pm

Let's not forget Berkman isn't the most durable player around. But I will give you that he is probably a better overall hitter than Teixeira.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:05 pm

I knew you would bring this one back up....He probably will be drafted before Berkman, and he still should....Berkman does not have 110/45/145 potential hitting in that crappy Houston lineup, unless serious changes are made.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:07 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:I knew you would bring this one back up....He probably will be drafted before Berkman, and he still should....Berkman does not have 110/45/145 potential hitting in that crappy Houston lineup, unless serious changes are made.

See... I think I'd wait a couple rounds and pick Berkman but that's just me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:08 pm

Yoda wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:I knew you would bring this one back up....He probably will be drafted before Berkman, and he still should....Berkman does not have 110/45/145 potential hitting in that crappy Houston lineup, unless serious changes are made.

See... I think I'd wait a couple rounds and pick Berkman but that's just me.

That may be the smartest thing to do, actually.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ukrneal » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:34 am

Currently, he's at 79/37/116/.308. He won't get to the 110 runs this year but he won't be far off on HR and RBI and he's better than Tex in Average.

And to the guy who said injury prone, this guy was only really injured with that stupid stunt. I've had him for severl years in a keeper (with OBP!) and he has been pure gold.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:46 am

ukrneal wrote:

Currently, he's at 79/37/116/.308. He won't get to the 110 runs this year but he won't be far off on HR and RBI and he's better than Tex in Average.

And to the guy who said injury prone, this guy was only really injured with that stupid stunt. I've had him for severl years in a keeper (with OBP!) and he has been pure gold.

Teix played every game last year and hit .300. He doesn't K as much as most power hitters, so I don't see why he couldn't hover around .300 for most of his career. Berkman is a great hitter, but someone has already pointed out that he has some durability issues. I think Teixeira is the active leader in consecutive games played behind Tejada of course. Teix is also obviously in a better park and team situation.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:51 am

Pujols is the best hitter hands down... MCab may be in a couple of years if he gets protection and a friendlier ballpark... Vladdy's the best swinger I've seen. Guy can hit any pitch anywhere hard...

I like Ichiro, don't get me wrong, but he's a dinker... sort of a faster verson of Wade Boggs. Those guys don't give pitcher's nightmares, it's Pujols or Vladdy sending a screamer back at their head that wakes them up at night.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnsamo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:54 am

Big Poppy can be, but a pitcher that locates well and changes speed can make Poppy look mortal. Poppy feeds on bad pitches. Fortunately, there's plenty of that going around.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:55 am

johnsamo wrote:Pujols is the best hitter hands down... MCab may be in a couple of years if he gets protection and a friendlier ballpark... Vladdy's the best swinger I've seen. Guy can hit any pitch anywhere hard...

I like Ichiro, don't get me wrong, but he's a dinker... sort of a faster verson of Wade Boggs. Those guys don't give pitcher's nightmares, it's Pujols or Vladdy sending a screamer back at their head that wakes them up at night.

I agree, Pujols is obviously the best hitter hands down, but this thread is about switch hitters who have slugging percentages around .500 from both sides of the plate.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:46 am

johnsamo wrote: MCab may be in a couple of years if he gets protection and a friendlier ballpark...

I have to pull the MCab debate prior to the season. Everyone was knocking him down based on his support yet he is on pace for .330, 30, 100, 100 season and near double digits in SBs.

MCab is already a top 3 to 5 hitter in baseball. He will only get better.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers