please anaylze my team and I will anaylize yours. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

please anaylze my team and I will anaylize yours.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

please anaylze my team and I will anaylize yours.

Postby pkarr5000 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:53 pm

10 team 5X5 roto league. I am currently in 8th place. Do I have a chance to at least get third place?

7th in runs, 8th in homeruns, 6th in rbi's, 6th in sb's, tied for last in average, 2nd in wins, 6th in saves, 4th in strikeouts, 6th in era, 4th in whip.

Who should I trade to improve my team? Which players will have big second halves and do I have any players that will have big halves after the break?

Starters:

Catcher-A.J. Pierzynski
1B-Jason Giambi
2B-Todd Walker
3B-Shea Hillenbrand
SS-Miguel Tejada
OF-Juan Pierre
OF-Kevin Millar
OF-Chipper Jones
OF-Eric Byrnes
Utility-Bill Mueller
CI-Erubiel Durazo
MI-Orlando Hudson

Bench:

OF-Carlos Lee
3B-Mark Teixeira
OF-Pat Burrell
2B-Placido Polanco
Starters:

SP-Mark Mulder
SP-Randy Wolf
SP-Josh Beckett
SP-Dontrelle Willis
SP-Johan Santana
RP-Keith Foulke
RP-Shigetoshi Hasegawa
P-Francisco Cordero

Bench:

SP-Ryan Franklin
SP-Kyle Lohse

DL:

SP-Shawn Chacon
RP-Cliff Politte
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biglfty » Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:44 pm

mueller is gonna drop off. if you could trade him for an OF w/ power that'd be nice. kind of doubtful though. i'd like to see you w/ a little better relief pitching too. a trade involving possibly pierre for a reliever would be good. please analyze my team. its under the topic "made a few changes" thanks, goodluck.
biglfty
College Coach
College Coach

Postby naniwa » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:13 am

Actually, I think you'll improve in some of the pitching categories in the second half. Your staff is solid, and should improve with Santana starting.

Your hitting on the other hand is a mess. You need power and in a big way. The problem is you've got to get some power. I would try to move Hillebrand. He's been hot and quality 3B are rare. You can move Teixiera to 3B, who I think will have a nice second half. He won't help with the average, but you may be able to sell high with him. If you can get a power hitter who struggled the first half. Package him, if possible try with Burrell, and try go get Berkman. Maybe even Ordonez in the right package. Mike Sweeney will be back soon. Target him. Torii Hunter. Bernie Williams.

If you can't trade Burrell, I'd think about cutting him outright. He'll struggle all year.

Also, I'd start Carlos Lee over Eirc Byrnes.

How can you be in 6th for SBs with Pierre?
naniwa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Good luck

Postby Dankingdc » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:32 am

Hillenbrand is not really a starting 3B in a 10 team league. I doubt you'll get any value by trading him, so try to find a sucker who still thinks Burrell will turn it around and go after a decent 3B. Scour the wiaver wire for some hot players, and you may come up with some decent finds, some of your bench players are dead weight. Honestly, not sure how you got a team this bad. Who did you spend your top picks on?? Well, I guess you've had tough luck with Giambi, Tejada, Beckett, Burrell, etc. This team may be a lost cause...hope for better luck on draft day 2004.
Dankingdc

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby willieroe » Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:11 am

(1) I certainly hope that you haven't had Polanco on the bench for the past two weeks. Play your hot hitters!

(2) Don't trade Pierre - I assume you just acquired him. You need that 10 points in the SB category to move up.

(3) Orlando Hudson doesn't belong in a 10-team league roster.

(4) I would say "thank you!" to Dontrelle Willis and offer him in a trade for a Hitter. Willis has had only one game against an above-average offense (Atlanta) since he caught fire.
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

burrell

Postby pkarr5000 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:57 am

are you sure burrell will suck all year?? there are a few suckers in my league who might want to stick burrell on their bench. One guy offered me dunn for burrell straight up but i never gave hm an answer. Im thinking Burrell will be the leader of that Philly explosion in the second half.

Pierre is my only source for sbs yet im in the middle of the pack. When I start Lee he gives me a couple.

I just picked up Polanco yesterday.

I thought about trading Willis for a hitter but which one? Which hitters are destined to have fantastic second halves.

Are you kidding? Shea has been wonderful. Hes smach dab in the middle of that Arizona offense. He just needs power.

My top picks:

1 Giambi
2 Tejada
3 Mulder
4 Burrell
5 Chipper
6 Nen
7 Konerko

See what I mean?!?!?!?! I dont want to be in first or anything. I just want to at least be third this year cause i know i wont be able to win next year cause one of the guys is keeping a rod and soriano plus he has randy too!!!
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Keeper league?

Postby dankingdc » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:11 pm

From the way you are talking about next year, it sounds like a you're in a keeper league. You might want to give up on this season and try to deal some guys to a contending team and get Piazza/Vlad/Nen, some guy who's value is low this year, but will be very good next year.
dankingdc

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team