Regarding my post about the Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Regarding my post about the Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Regarding my post about the Yankees

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:07 pm

Looking over the message, I can see why people jumped all over it. Now that it is locked, I can't make any comments... maybe that was for the better.

First, let me say, I really hadn't intended it as it was taken.

All I meant to say is that I was getting sick of people talking about the Yankees offense as if it was the greatest offense ever to exist, and I was glad to see the A's take them down a few pegs. I also didn't even mean to compare the Yankees with the Red Sox (although I can understand how it was taken as such, with my Red Sox logo sitting right next to the message).

I realize that it means nothing as far as the rest of the season goes. I also realize that the Yankees are probably going to put up some great numbers. I just think that people are overrating them a little bit when they talk about not pitching any pitcher against them.

To the moderators, sorry to have caused such a scene. It honestly was not intended.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CHE » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:10 pm

Who cares, what people think of the yanks O. Its not like there gona do anything in the post season with that bullpen and pitching staff.
ThA KinG : 55 points - tied for first place
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:10 pm

I also just noticed the Game Commentary and Venting area. I apologize for putting this in the wrong area.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Regarding my post about the Yankees

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:12 pm

quitesanemax wrote:All I meant to say is that I was getting sick of people talking about the Yankees offense as if it was the greatest offense ever to exist, and I was glad to see the A's take them down a few pegs.
Offense is not the Yanks problem. They are averaging over 7 runs a game. :-B
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:12 pm

I really don't care all that much either about it. What I did care about is that the thread got the response it did. I wasn't expecting it, and feel kind of bad about it.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ender » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:15 pm

Well I think the A's have the best pitching staff in the AL especially the top 3 starters so its really a case of the best offense vs the best defense. Also keep in mind the first month is mostly a crapshoot in fantasy baseball, it is not a good indicator of how the rest of the season is going to go so try not to read too much into early stats.

Lets look at it more in depth though.

Zito - 1.1 IP, 47.25 ERA, 6.00 WHIP, 3 K, 0 W
Harden - 5.2 IP, 4.76 ERA, 1.94 WHIP, 4 K, 0 W
Haren - 6 IP, 6.00 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 8 K, 0 W

None of the starters really helped your team except arguably Haren with the WHIP and K. I don't really see your point about not starting guys against the Yankees here.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Thursday » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:28 pm

quitesanemax wrote:I really don't care all that much either about it. What I did care about is that the thread got the response it did. I wasn't expecting it, and feel kind of bad about it.

But then, why bother? Kinda pointless really. It's okay to hate the Yankees, as i do, but no need to antagonize fans!

We're 3 games in, bud. I know the Yankees are going to win a LOT more.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:47 pm

Thursday wrote:
quitesanemax wrote:I really don't care all that much either about it. What I did care about is that the thread got the response it did. I wasn't expecting it, and feel kind of bad about it.

But then, why bother? Kinda pointless really. It's okay to hate the Yankees, as i do, but no need to antagonize fans!

We're 3 games in, bud. I know the Yankees are going to win a LOT more.

I have often seen other people make such posts, and wondered the same thing as you about the posts. I was thinking of it in a totally different light. I'm not even sure why I didn't realize it was going to come across the way it did, but I didn't until it was too late.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby reynolds80 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:05 pm

Hey max, don't be so apologetic. It's not like you robbed someone's granny. I was glad to see the A's beat the Yanks too, and hey, you expressed your feelings about it, and that's what baseball fans do.

Trust me, I've seen fans do much worse.

But then, I'm an SEC football fan so I guess it's all relative.
reynolds80
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:18 pm

The way I see it is that the Yankees aren't getting any younger. Yeah, that can be said for all teams, but seriously, the players have already hit their ceilings. Most of them anyway. Besides Cano, ARod and Crosby, offensively they don't have anyone who will be having the best season of their career. Those three are young enough to hit a higher ceiling than they have already. The others will have good seasons, but sooner or later it's all going to come crashing down to earth.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers