Beltran - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Beltran

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltran

Postby j_gilday » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:53 am

now I know he's only played 2 games, and its too early to specualte anything, but I have a lot of Mets fans in my league and could probably get something decent in return for him. I stuck with him all last year and he did nothing but dissapoint. so, is there any reason to believe that he won't tank like last year?
j_gilday
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltran

Postby Eightan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:32 am

j_gilday wrote:now I know he's only played 2 games, and its too early to specualte anything, but I have a lot of Mets fans in my league and could probably get something decent in return for him. I stuck with him all last year and he did nothing but dissapoint. so, is there any reason to believe that he won't tank like last year?

nope, no reason to think that at all. willy has inexplicable left him in the 3 spot where he clearly can't handle it; he belongs in the 2 hole. deal him while you can still get a good return on him based on the past performances, but as long as he's in the 3 spot and getting booed, he's not gonna do well.
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:11 am

I wouldn't trade him at this point. If you are this unsure of Beltran and ready to bail after two games then you probably shouldn't have drafted him. A lot of people are "freaking out" about Beltran right now (maybe rightfully so) so you'll probably be unable to get fair value. Of course I would have made the same comments last year and would have (was) wrong. The opening day 0fer was a little anti-climatic but Beltran walked 3 times last night and scored 2 runs. He looked good at the plate.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Deeznutz » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:13 pm

So do you any of you think it would be a bad idea to offer up Granderson for Beltran because their values are totally opposite right now??? Granderson is a lead off hitter and he hasn't taken a walk yet. Kinda worries me because since he's a free swinging rookie, I figure he's more prone to get into a slump if he can't take a walk. Beltran just has too much talent to be this bad right???Then again it is two games like everyone says. Just wondering.
Deeznutz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Gags Sports » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:55 pm

Deeznutz wrote:So do you any of you think it would be a bad idea to offer up Granderson for Beltran because their values are totally opposite right now??? Granderson is a lead off hitter and he hasn't taken a walk yet. Kinda worries me because since he's a free swinging rookie, I figure he's more prone to get into a slump if he can't take a walk. Beltran just has too much talent to be this bad right???Then again it is two games like everyone says. Just wondering.

Anyone who accepts that trade is crazy. If you currently have Granderson and think you can net Beltran, then go for it. Come back and let me know if it works.
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby j_gilday » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:08 pm

If I didn't stick it out with Beltran all last season, I would not be worried right now.
j_gilday
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby yossarian » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:30 pm

I watched a lot of the Mets game (I have Wright and Beltran on one of my teams) and I thought Beltran looked alright. As mentioned above he DID get 3 walks and he scored 2 runs. Maybe if he can show a little more discipline at the plate this year, he'll get more pitches that he likes?

The fans did boo him though. I have to wonder if that's getting to him.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates