100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sportsline FAAB Questions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sportsline FAAB Questions

Postby ActionHero » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:26 am

First-time Sportsline user here with a couple of questions:

Question 1:
I noticed that each owner can put in bids for multiple players. In the scenario below, how does Sportsline determine who wins each bid? Assume that Owner A wins the tiebreaker.

Owner A Owner B
Playerx $3 $2
Playery $5 $5
Playerz $4 $4

I assume Playerx goes to Owner A by virtue of Owner A bidding the most, but who does Playery go to? They both bid $5, so does Owner A win again (because of tiebreaker) or does Owner B win because Owner A goes to the bottom of the tiebreaking pool?

Question 2:
What happens in Sportsline if an Owner puts in multiple bids for different players, but uses the same player as his dropped player? My assumption is that once the Owner wins a bid and drops a player, the other bids become invalid because that player is no longer on the roster. Can anyone validate this?

Thanks in advance!
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:36 am

huh, didnt even know Sportsline had a bidding feature.

i know the season has started, but i'd suggest doing a trial run if you can
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Matthias » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:39 am

FAAB stands for Free Agent Acquisition Budget. Every add/drop is granted via a blind bidding system that is processed automatically. Each time an owner has an add/drop processed they will be place at the bottom of the FAAB order. If there is a tie for a player, the FAAB order is used; the owner that is higher in the list will receive the player and be moved to the bottom.

You can also select the Commish FAAB approval process. Free agents are still picked up via a blind bidding system, but it is processed by the commissioner not automatically. The Commissioner will go to the Transactions Request page to process the winning bids.

If you select to use either of the FAAB options each owner will go to the Transactions add-drop page and select the players to be added and dropped then a bid is entered. The team with the highest bid for that player will be awarded the player and the bid value subtracted from their budget.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ActionHero » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:44 am

Matthias wrote:
FAAB stands for Free Agent Acquisition Budget. Every add/drop is granted via a blind bidding system that is processed automatically. Each time an owner has an add/drop processed they will be place at the bottom of the FAAB order. If there is a tie for a player, the FAAB order is used; the owner that is higher in the list will receive the player and be moved to the bottom.

You can also select the Commish FAAB approval process. Free agents are still picked up via a blind bidding system, but it is processed by the commissioner not automatically. The Commissioner will go to the Transactions Request page to process the winning bids.

If you select to use either of the FAAB options each owner will go to the Transactions add-drop page and select the players to be added and dropped then a bid is entered. The team with the highest bid for that player will be awarded the player and the bid value subtracted from their budget.

I understand what FAAB is. My questions are specific to how Sportsline processes these transactions. And yes, I read through all of the help content on sportsline.com which was not very helpful.
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matthias » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:31 am

ActionHero wrote:
Matthias wrote:

I understand what FAAB is. My questions are specific to how Sportsline processes these transactions. And yes, I read through all of the help content on sportsline.com which was not very helpful.

well, it at a minimum answers your first question re: tiebreakers. using your example, owner A would get player X and then move down to the bottom of the FAAB waiver-priority/tie-breaker list. so when it came to player X, owner B would win by virtue of the tiebreaker.

and i can't validate your assumption on a player who has been already dropped but can only also assume that it works in a parallel fashion to sportsline's standard waiver process, where that is the case. if you drop someone for a player and then in the same day try to pick up someone else and drop the same player again, it will just deny the transaction.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers