Papelbon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Papelbon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

devine

Postby trevornm16 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:11 pm

o yea i forgot to mention anyone debating taking devine over paps is crazy....devine will be back in the minors as soon as ramirez is back off the DL....if you watched him against the giants in two games he could barely throw a strike and threw four pitches two feet behind batters...and this was in two blowout non-pressure situation games....while on the otherhand paps has closed two one run games without giving up a hit and when he did get in trouble against the orioles today he stranded both runners giving up no runs...devine might be a better option a couple of years from now but certainly paps is the better option now.
trevornm16
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: devine

Postby Thursday » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:20 pm

trevornm16 wrote:o yea i forgot to mention anyone debating taking devine over paps is crazy....devine will be back in the minors as soon as ramirez is back off the DL....if you watched him against the giants in two games he could barely throw a strike and threw four pitches two feet behind batters...and this was in two blowout non-pressure situation games....while on the otherhand paps has closed two one run games without giving up a hit and when he did get in trouble against the orioles today he stranded both runners giving up no runs...devine might be a better option a couple of years from now but certainly paps is the better option now.

Right. Also, Papelbon hit one dude, so that put him on base. A hit here and there is okay by me, as long as he rings up those saves! ;-D

Devine? No thanks.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Re: devine

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:36 pm

Thursday wrote:Right. Also, Papelbon hit one dude, so that put him on base. A hit here and there is okay by me, as long as he rings up those saves! ;-D

Devine? No thanks.

He only needed 4 pitches to jam Gibbons and Millar-- both .300 hitters in the heart of that lineup-- on foul ball popups to 1B and C to get the save. That's the definition of working your way out of trouble.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Noel Blake Fan Club » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:03 am

Thankfully I was able to pick him up in 2 of my 3 leagues. I can see him contributing in any scenario - closing, middle relief (would they ever put him in there?) or back in the rotation.

Long may his current form continue (but then as a Sox fan I would say that!)

I wonder what Foulke makes of all this???
Noel Blake Fan Club
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates