Wagner vs. Rivera have to continue this, sorry!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wagner vs. Rivera have to continue this, sorry!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wagner vs. Rivera have to continue this, sorry!!!

Postby yeyo44 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:53 pm

A day after Wagner closed the Mets' 3-2 Opening Day victory with Mensch in attendance, sports-talk radio erupted, with Yankee fans railing at Wagner's entry music - the same song used by Mariano Rivera in the Bronx.

For the record, Wagner used the song first, even if it's synonymous in baseball circles with Rivera's entrance.

While with Houston during Wagner's rookie season in 1996, teammate Jeff Bagwell disliked the lefty's entry music, George Strait's "They Call Me the Fireman," and persuaded Wagner to switch.

Rivera didn't begin using the song for another three years. Yankee Stadium personnel had been so struck by the crowd reaction in San Diego the previous season when Trevor Hoffman entered games to AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" that they sought to find an anthem for Rivera. Scoreboard operator Mike Luzzi brought in a bunch of CDs and the Yankees tested different tunes, including Guns N' Roses' "Paradise City." They settled on "Enter Sandman," which drew the best crowd response. Rivera didn't even know anything about the band.

"I met (Metallica's) James (Hetfield) last year, but I don't listen to that kind of music," Rivera said. "Everyone just identifies me with the song. I listen to Christian music."

The album containing "Enter Sandman" - known as "Metallica" or the "Black Album" - has sold 14.6 million copies in the U.S. alone and 20 million worldwide since its release in August of 1991. "Enter Sandman" was the first of seven Grammy winners by the band Wagner loves
yeyo44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yeyo44 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:55 pm

WELL BEING THERE IS SOME CONTROVERSY I AM OFFERING MARIANO ASSISTANCE W/ HIS ENTRANCE SONG "ENTER SANDMAN" TO MAKE IT FAIR TO WHINEY YANKEE FANS THAT MUST HAVE THOUGHT MARIANO IS THE ONLY GUY THAT CAN PLAY THE MOST OVER RATED PLAYED OUT METALLICA SONG OF ALL TIME...CONSIDERING MARIANO PROB DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHO OR WHAT METALLICA IS & IM PRETTY DAMN SURE HE DOESNT KNOW ANY OTHER SONGS ....AND WHO ACTUALLY THINKS HE CAN UNDERSTAND THE LYRICS,,,,

SO HERE MY SOLUTION:
SIMPLE TRANSLATION

diga sus rezos el pequeo no se olvida de mi hijo, para incluir cada uno la imagen doble por la lmina usted adentro, caliente dentro de subsistencia usted libremente de pecado, hasta el coco, l viene sueo con un ojo abierto, agarrando su luz apretada de la salida de la almohadilla, incorpora la toma de la noche mi mano, nosotros es apagado nunca nunca aterrizar algo mal, cort los pensamientos pesados ligeros esta noche y no estn de los sueos blancos de la guerra, sueos de mentirosos, sueos de la nieve del fuego del dragn, y de las cosas que lucharn sueo con un ojo abierto, agarrando su luz apretada de la salida de la almohadilla, no incorporan la toma de la noche mi mano, nosotros son apagado nunca nunca aterrizar Haha que usted conoce que no puedo sonrisa sin usted no puedo sonrer witout usted que no puedo gritar sin usted no puedo incluso gritar sin usted no puedo rer y no puedo cantar ahora que la verdad yo est encontrando duro hacer cualquier cosa pequeo beb del silencio, no digo una palabra y nunca importar de esas cosas usted oy que es justa las bestias debajo de su cama, en su armario en su luz principal de la salida, entra en el grano de la noche de la luz de la salida de la arena, incorpora la toma de la noche mi mano, nosotros es apagado nunca nunca aterrizar.

NOW STOP YA BITCHIN!!!
yeyo44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:14 pm

The other thread was obviously locked for a reason, which is exactly what I expect to happen to this one very shortly...

... next time don't beat a dead horse. If a thread is locked, it's not so you can continue the conversation in a new thread.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:23 pm

Actually, you don't have to continue this, especially when you just repost an article that was posted in the original thread and then go on to flame in all Caps.

:-t
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Return to Baseball Leftovers