KC Royals - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

KC Royals

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:51 am

thedude wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:
Yoda wrote:This is quite possibly one of the worst looking teams on paper that I can remember. Even Florida, who has 6 rookies in their lineup doesn't look nearly as abd.

Throw in the fact that Sanders/Sweeney will most likely be traded to a contender by July, I can totally see this team being one of the worst if not THE worst team in this era.

Lest we forget the '03 Tigers?

The Royals are going to have to work very hard to match the second most losses of all time.

On another note, the Royals are praying they can be as good as the 2006 Tigers three years from now. Bulter and Gordon will help, but they better be Nostradamus when it comes to the draft.

I don't think they ened to work very hard to match the 03 Tigers when your top three starting pitchers are Elarton, Mays and Affeldt. These guys would be #4 or #5 starter on most teams at their peak.

I would also argue that DeJesus, Grudzielanek, Stairs, Teahen, Buck and Brown would be platoon players at best on most teams. This team is really, really bad.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:14 pm

This team is really, really bad.

And still not nearly as bad as the 03 Tigers. Those Tigers pathetic on offense ( .65 runs per game worse than the next to last AL team), horrible at pitching ( second to last), and was the worst defensive club in the AL. Even as awful as the Royals were last season, they didn't come near to that level.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby KolbSaves » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:30 pm

Tavish wrote:
This team is really, really bad.

And still not nearly as bad as the 03 Tigers. Those Tigers pathetic on offense ( .65 runs per game worse than the next to last AL team), horrible at pitching ( second to last), and was the worst defensive club in the AL. Even as awful as the Royals were last season, they didn't come near to that level.

Yeah, it was a sight to behold.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dynasty Deacon » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:38 pm

Until there is a salary cap, the bad teams will be bad and the good teams will be good every year. Yankees just buy whoever they want.
Dynasty Deacon
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:49 pm

Dynasty Deacon wrote:Until there is a salary cap, the bad teams will be bad and the good teams will be good every year. Yankees just buy whoever they want.

Salary has very little to do with it. See Oakland, Minnesota...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:07 pm

Dynasty Deacon wrote:Until there is a salary cap, the bad teams will be bad and the good teams will be good every year. Yankees just buy whoever they want.

Before the big salary boom there were good teams and bad teams. Salary can make up some of the differences, but the biggest deciding factor is still player evaluation, from scouting prospects to prospective free agents. The Royals have been awful at the entire spectrum, especially where it counts the most for lower payroll teams. The pitching department. The minors have become so depleted of usuable arms that they have forced themselves into the corner of having to spend 3-4 million a piece on 3+ free agent pitchers simply to have enough players to put out there everyday. Teams that have been able to produce at least a few usable pitchers hae the ability to put 8-10 million into a single arm.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:47 pm

Havok1517 wrote:They'll continue to be horrible until Grienke (let the guy pitch how he wants to) comes back, Bautista finds the strike zone, Alex Gordon and Billy Butler gets called up, and Mike Sweeney is moved (contract really handcuffs them) for Huber.

I swear I wouldn't go watch them if Mike is traded. He's the only guy on the team with any heart at all. How to fix our team? Get a more competent owner. I like what Allard did this off season getting some defensive help in the right side of the infield and getting a decent SP in Elarton.

We won't lose 110 this year, the team has improved over the offseason. Any where from 90-100 loses is my guess.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MinorityAuthority » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:56 am

To any Royals fan, what did you guys get for all these players?

Beltran, Damon, Dye, Suppan, Randa, Miguel Batista, Gregg Zaun, Raul Ibanez

And I hate to say this, but you guys should call Kevin Appier to pitch. I swear he was there forever anyway. That's the last quality pitcher I remember them having for more than 5 years.
Please help me out...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=133433
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cardinals » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:08 am

I think it is total bull that they basically scared the public that our teams were going to leave if the renovations were not passed. Every commercial break had an ad that said "Save our Teams!" and "Vote yes for the Roof" and KC will get a Final Four, All Star game, Super Bowl, etc, etc!!! I would venture to say that it was actually a loss for them because of how much money they spent on advertising and close the final vote ended.

It is total crap that it passed. The owners, Glass, should have ponied up more money IMHO. All the renovations are going to do is pad the OWNER'S pockets alittle more anyway. I really think that the owners should put up the money for the roof now that the voters agreed to put more money in THEIR pockets.

They wonder why we have such low attendance at the Royals games? Because they have no idea on how to run or put together a team. I am not saying that I could. It also doesn't help that they can't win.

Just my 2 cents,
J
cardinals
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:46 pm

So more than 1/3 of the season has in the books and the mighty Royals are on pace for a 43-119, tying them for the worst record in history.

What are the odds they actually break the record?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers