100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Freel: 3 SBs today

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby manroom » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:50 am

EugeneStyles wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Blade wrote:
manroom wrote:I just dropped Randy Winn for him... hopefully that wasn't a mistake

Freel went undrafted in your league? WTF??????? Free Yahoo league perhaps?

I'd say that Freel went undrafted in a good number of standard 12-team leagues once it was known that he would not be an everyday starter. I certainly know that bumped him down quite a way on my draft board. Last thing I need is for him to get 300 at bats again. However, as I said in a previous post, I feel he will get his 500 throughout the season, either at utility or settling into a spot. Either way, he's making his at bats count thus far.

8-team league, sure. 10-team league, maybe. 12-team or more... I doubt it. Heck, I have him in my 7-team league (which is kinda ridiculous, I must say... Utley, Bay, and A-Rod on the same roster... not that any of them has done all *that* much so far). Of course, I drafted that team before I *knew* that he wouldn't be a starter. But with a 12-team league, his speed, his potential, and the feeling that he's gonna hafta beat out Womack at some point this year, make it pretty sure that *someone* will pick him up.

On the bright side (for me), I turned on the Cubs pre-game show at 11:00am this morning and saw that Freel was gonna start, so I quickly jumped online and benched Huff for him. 3 cheap SB's! :-D

It is a 10-team small stakes ($50) league. A lot of Red Sox players that shouldn't have been drafted at all were... I love the Sox as much as the next guy, but I never draft for love...

I had the 6th pick and landed Vlad... Ortiz and Manny went 4,5 respectively :-)
manroom
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers