RIP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

RIP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RIP

Postby reznorsboy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:12 am

Today is the 12th anniversary of Kurt Cobains death and the 4th anniversary of Layne Staley's death. Two of the most important members of the Seattle Grundge movement and two of the best vocalists ever. :,-(
Image
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2617
Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Re: RIP

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:22 am

reznorsboy wrote:Today is the 12th anniversary of Kurt Cobains death and the 4th anniversary of Layne Staley's death. Two of the most important members of the Seattle Grundge movement and two of the best vocalists ever. :,-(

How can Kurt Cobain be called one of the "best vocalists ever" when nobody could understand what he was saying?

This sounds like all the people who really loved the way Bob Dylan sang - couldn't understand that guy either.

Both sounded like they had marbles in their mouths.

Still, I like both of their music, so take that with a grain of salt I guess.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Re: RIP

Postby josebach » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:33 am

knapplc wrote:
reznorsboy wrote:Today is the 12th anniversary of Kurt Cobains death and the 4th anniversary of Layne Staley's death. Two of the most important members of the Seattle Grundge movement and two of the best vocalists ever. :,-(

How can Kurt Cobain be called one of the "best vocalists ever" when nobody could understand what he was saying?

This sounds like all the people who really loved the way Bob Dylan sang - couldn't understand that guy either.

Both sounded like they had marbles in their mouths.

Still, I like both of their music, so take that with a grain of salt I guess.


Actually, Nirvana did an unplugged session on MTV that they ended up making a CD out of. He really did have a good voice.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2036
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:39 am

"Here we are now! Entertain us!"

:,-(
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:51 am

Madison wrote:"Here we are now! Entertain us!"

:,-(


I thought he said:

"Turn the lights out, Mrs. Davis
Here we are now, entertain us"

Voice of his generation. 8-o
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:55 am

knapplc wrote:
Madison wrote:"Here we are now! Entertain us!"

:,-(


I thought he said:

"Turn the lights out, Mrs. Davis
Here we are now, entertain us"

Voice of his generation. 8-o


Here you go:

Smells Like Teen Spirit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Load up on guns and bring your friends
It's fun to lose and to pretend
She's overboard and self assured
Oh no, I know a dirty word

Hello, hello, hello, how low? (x3)
Hello, hello, hello!

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido
Yay! (x3)

I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end

Hello, hello, hello, how low? (x3)
Hello, hello, hello!

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido
Yay! (x3)

And I forget just why I taste
Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard, it's hard to find
Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Hello, hello, hello, how low? (x3)
Hello, hello, hello!

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido

A denial! (x9)


;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby logan » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:13 am

RIP cobain and layne. loved the AIC.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2810
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: newark,delaware

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:28 am

Madison wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Madison wrote:"Here we are now! Entertain us!"

:,-(


I thought he said:

"Turn the lights out, Mrs. Davis
Here we are now, entertain us"

Voice of his generation. 8-o


Here you go:

Smells Like Teen Spirit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Load up on guns and bring your friends
It's fun to lose and to pretend
She's overboard and self assured
Oh no, I know a dirty word

Hello, hello, hello, how low? (x3)
Hello, hello, hello!

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido
Yay! (x3)

I'm worse at what I do best
And for this gift I feel blessed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end

Hello, hello, hello, how low? (x3)
Hello, hello, hello!

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido
Yay! (x3)

And I forget just why I taste
Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile
I found it hard, it's hard to find
Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Hello, hello, hello, how low? (x3)
Hello, hello, hello!

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
My libido

A denial! (x9)


;-D


I like the Weird Al version
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:49 am

RIP :,-(

AIC was so underrated.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:00 pm

Both bands were awesome. Nirvana had arguably the most impact on Rock in the '90s and Layne complimented Jerry beautifully in AIC.

:,-(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact