Everyone agree to this RIGHT NOW! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Everyone agree to this RIGHT NOW!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Irish » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:53 pm

rjforlife wrote:thats what this forum is all about so real people like friends and co-workers dont get pissed at you for talking about baseball too much. let people vent sometimes. the adds/drops thing i agree with totally, but venting slumps is ok.

I agree it is ok, after a slump, but let's qualify that word real quick:

Slump: a period of time that a player performs below expectations, sometimes WELL BELOW.

In my opinion a player going 0-4, 1-5, 0-5, 1-4 is not a slump, it's a common occurence that is balanced by the 4-5, 3-4, 4-4, 3-5 run that will happen a few weeks later (or in Eric Chavez's case put 81 0-4's first, then 81 3-5's)

5 games should be enough time to qualify a "slump". All I ask is that you spare us until then, that's all :-D
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WittyC » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:57 pm

Irish wrote:
rjforlife wrote:thats what this forum is all about so real people like friends and co-workers dont get pissed at you for talking about baseball too much. let people vent sometimes. the adds/drops thing i agree with totally, but venting slumps is ok.

I agree it is ok, after a slump, but let's qualify that word real quick:

Slump: a period of time that a player performs below expectations, sometimes WELL BELOW.

In my opinion a player going 0-4, 1-5, 0-5, 1-4 is not a slump, it's a common occurence that is balanced by the 4-5, 3-4, 4-4, 3-5 run that will happen a few weeks later (or in Eric Chavez's case put 81 0-4's first, then 81 3-5's)

5 games should be enough time to qualify a "slump". All I ask is that you spare us until then, that's all :-D

Yeah... and even then, if you have to vent, do it here.

I think I'm going to have to drop rjforlife after this one... anyone know some hot new members who are making solid contributions since opening day? ;-7
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Everyone agree to this RIGHT NOW!

Postby Smee » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:09 am

Irish wrote:1) I will not whine about a players production one game. I understand that this season is 162 GAMES and one game, although potentially monumental to a fantasy owner, means relatively nothing in the long run.

2) I will wait atleast 5 games of solid production from an out-of-nowhere player before asking people if I should drop an established veteran for him.

3) I will not send trade offers of Aaron Boone for Manny Ramirez etc etc to other owners thinking it is a good "buy low" "sell high" oppurtunity.

4) I will be patient with players that have years of numbers backing them up when they have an 0-5 day.....even if it's 4 days in a row.

5) I will stop making sarcastic comments about dropping studs for hot players with this smiley face ;-7 . Although clever 15 years ago, It has become waaaaay too played out.

X_________________________
(please sign above)

Thank you for your time. This should cut posts down in the first month or so by about 75%. ;-D

DIT to the OH. Word, word, word.

X Signed!

By the way, the thumbs up smiley is still cool, right? ;-D
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:17 am

I'm not signing anything until my lawyer looks at it
Then I'll have my people talk to your people about the appropriate changes. Then and only then there is a chance I may sign this.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AngelFan416 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:35 am

Do I get a signing bonus for this contract? :).
AngelFan416
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gostanford07 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:28 am

I guess some people just didn't get the memo. Pretty funny that we also see the sarcasm w/ ;-7 . Priceless.
gostanford07
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby Cooner » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:31 am

Irish wrote:1) I will not whine about a players production one game. I understand that this season is 162 GAMES and one game, although potentially monumental to a fantasy owner, means relatively nothing in the long run.

2) I will wait atleast 5 games of solid production from an out-of-nowhere player before asking people if I should drop an established veteran for him.

3) I will not send trade offers of Aaron Boone for Manny Ramirez etc etc to other owners thinking it is a good "buy low" "sell high" oppurtunity.

4) I will be patient with players that have years of numbers backing them up when they have an 0-5 day.....even if it's 4 days in a row.

5) I will stop making sarcastic comments about dropping studs for hot players with this smiley face ;-7 . Although clever 15 years ago, It has become waaaaay too played out.

6) I will have absolutely no fun playing fantasy baseball. I will not get excited about my players. I will not get over-excited, homeristic, or any other sort of potentially rewarding emotion over the game of fantasy baseball.

(please sign above)

Thank you for your time. This should cut posts down in the first month or so by about 75%. ;-D

bold mine. Thanks, I'll pass ;-D
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:46 am

Aaron Boone for Manny?! That's a great idea, Irish. I'm going to offer that and ask the Cafe in the Trade Forum if everyone thinks it's a great idea.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ironman » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:04 am

(please sign above)

X Signed

Good Stuff!
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:26 am

This is funny although I'm still using a waiver pick for Chris Shelton over 7 k's in 8 ab's Prince Fielder
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers