Everyone agree to this RIGHT NOW! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Everyone agree to this RIGHT NOW!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Everyone agree to this RIGHT NOW!

Postby Irish » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:07 pm

1) I will not whine about a players production one game. I understand that this season is 162 GAMES and one game, although potentially monumental to a fantasy owner, means relatively nothing in the long run.

2) I will wait atleast 5 games of solid production from an out-of-nowhere player before asking people if I should drop an established veteran for him.

3) I will not send trade offers of Aaron Boone for Manny Ramirez etc etc to other owners thinking it is a good "buy low" "sell high" oppurtunity.

4) I will be patient with players that have years of numbers backing them up when they have an 0-5 day.....even if it's 4 days in a row.

5) I will stop making sarcastic comments about dropping studs for hot players with this smiley face ;-7 . Although clever 15 years ago, It has become waaaaay too played out.

X_________________________
(please sign above)

Thank you for your time. This should cut posts down in the first month or so by about 75%. ;-D
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:15 pm

id say it would cut down more than 75%... but im as guilty as everyone else.
we all kneejerk because a hot player never lasts on the wire
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:19 pm

I'm guilty of #'s 1, 2, and 4. 3 pisses me off so much when I get one of those that I've completely stopped doing it altogether and you're dead-on with #5. Now that I've thrown that in there...

X______@^|^_______
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tgalv » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:26 pm

how bout we add this one

6. i will refain from making everyone aware of every single player in each one of my fantasy lineups in every single post i make.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:26 pm

6) I will not use Bonds, steroids, and racist in the same post for the whole season
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Everyone agree to this RIGHT NOW!

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:31 pm

Irish wrote:1) I will not whine about a players production one game. I understand that this season is 162 GAMES and one game, although potentially monumental to a fantasy owner, means relatively nothing in the long run.

2) I will wait atleast 5 games of solid production from an out-of-nowhere player before asking people if I should drop an established veteran for him.

4) I will be patient with players that have years of numbers backing them up when they have an 0-5 day.....even if it's 4 days in a row.

5) I will stop making sarcastic comments about dropping studs for hot players with this smiley face ;-7 . Although clever 15 years ago, It has become waaaaay too played out.

(please sign above)

Thank you for your time. This should cut posts down in the first month or so by about 75%. ;-D

X signed ;-7

But I had to remove number 3. ;-7
I am big Boone guy. ;-7
He is a local boy ya know. ;-7

;-7

;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Irish » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:33 pm

wrveres wrote:
Irish wrote:1) I will not whine about a players production one game. I understand that this season is 162 GAMES and one game, although potentially monumental to a fantasy owner, means relatively nothing in the long run.

(please sign above)

X signed ;-7

I am big Boone guy. ;-7

;-7

;-7

Sounds good. But one question..... If you do one of these things and I bring up this post, is it considered circumstantial evidence? :-D
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:39 pm

Jeez, I whine about every at bat...not just a game! Growing up watching Mick Keleher may have something to do w/ that... I am trying to avoid moves this year but, I have Nomas on a team and am anxiously awaiting his DL to appear and, if it's not there tomorrow, the twitching urge to play with the waiver wire may get overcome. Jeez, where the heck IS Jason Bay anyway...3 BB?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:42 pm

Irish wrote:
wrveres wrote:

(please sign above)

X signed ;-7

I am big Boone guy. ;-7

;-7

;-7

Sounds good. But one question..... If you do one of these things and I bring up this post, is it considered circumstantial evidence? :-D

Of course ... ;-7 LOL ;-7 its editable ;-7
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby rjforlife » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:49 pm

thats what this forum is all about so real people like friends and co-workers dont get pissed at you for talking about baseball too much. let people vent sometimes. the adds/drops thing i agree with totally, but venting slumps is ok.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers