No nationally televised games tonight? C'mon ESPN... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

No nationally televised games tonight? C'mon ESPN...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:50 pm

DirectTV is also doing the extra innings preview this week for free. Tune to the 700s and you'll see them. :-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:00 pm

The Estrogen Sports Programming Nutwork is too busy scratching their heads wondering why nobody is watching the girls play college hoops. They bought the package with the proviso that they had to show the tournament on the mothership. Otherwise we would all be about why chicks playing bad basketball is on ESPN Ocho. Where it belongs.

But at least they will show us Disney's production of Napoleon Dynomite meets Drag Queen meets Barry in Bonds on Bonds. Or why is this person talking so strangely?
Much better than Santana meets Halladay in Canadian Bacon II.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DetroitDan » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:05 pm

[Mod Edit: Sorry, no proxy talk.]
DetroitDan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WittyC » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:23 pm

ironman wrote:
warrick95 wrote:Where the hell can you live to be blacked out six games? California?

Really. Witty aren't you in Iowa? The idea of getting blacked out of any game in Iowa is absurd. Which teams are they? Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Brewers, Cards, and Royals?

You hit it on the head. Apparently since there aren't any teams right by here, everyone gets a claim to this market. I really can't wrap my brain around it. It's not like we ever get Twins, Royals or Brewers local games. I get Cubs/Sox on WGN/Comcast and Cards occasionally on the WB (by the way... worst graphics in the history of television on WB games). I guess I haven't double checked it for this season, but I can't see why it would have changed.

BTW, thanks for the info DetroitDan... I'll give that a whirl.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WittyC » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:47 pm

DetroitDan wrote:[Mod Edit: Sorry, no proxy talk.]

HAHA! Jackspot! You are my hero... Halladay vs. Johan.

Could still be tough to switch continually b/w games, but this is just butter. Thanks a ton! ;-D
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ironman » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:52 am

moochman wrote:The Estrogen Sports Programming Nutwork is too busy scratching their heads wondering why nobody is watching the girls play college hoops. They bought the package with the proviso that they had to show the tournament on the mothership. Otherwise we would all be about why chicks playing bad basketball is on ESPN Ocho. Where it belongs.

But at least they will show us Disney's production of Napoleon Dynomite meets Drag Queen meets Barry in Bonds on Bonds. Or why is this person talking so strangely?
Much better than Santana meets Halladay in Canadian Bacon II.

No doubt, I'd be curious to see what the Women's final four nets for ratings compared to other stuff ESPN airs.

I swear the other day I turned on ESPN and they had women's college basketball so I deferred to ESPN2 for something else and they were airing men's figure skating. I would tell you what was on ESPN Classic only blood started puring out of my eyes at that point.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Smee » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:33 pm

ironman wrote:No doubt, I'd be curious to see what the Women's final four nets for ratings compared to other stuff ESPN airs.

I swear the other day I turned on ESPN and they had women's college basketball so I deferred to ESPN2 for something else and they were airing men's figure skating. I would tell you what was on ESPN Classic only blood started puring out of my eyes at that point.

Whenever ESPN is showing figure skating, that means there is a major sporting event going on on another channel. They run the figure skating because they assume their core audience (the sorts of people who watch Sportscenter) is watching the major event rather then what they're playing.

It's kind of like picking your nose when you don't think anyone is looking.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:21 pm

Smee wrote:
ironman wrote:No doubt, I'd be curious to see what the Women's final four nets for ratings compared to other stuff ESPN airs.

Whenever ESPN is showing figure skating, that means there is a major sporting event going on on another channel. They run the figure skating because they assume their core audience (the sorts of people who watch Sportscenter) is watching the major event rather then what they're playing.

It's kind of like picking your nose when you don't think anyone is looking.

I thought that they ran figure skating so my daughter can see that it's on and demand we watch it when I go to check and see what's on?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:40 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Comcast is doing it...not sure about any other providers.

;-D

for whatever reason i had it free all last season...it was awesome. hoping they forget to turn off the free preview again

the INHD channel shows some games occasionally too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers