Who's this Murton guy??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's this Murton guy???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:46 pm

I only got him on 1 team but i like him. He's alot like Austin Kearns, maybe less power. He is a NL ROY sleeper candidate, since the favorites don't win alot (Fielder/Hermida). I think he could hit 20 hrs in Wrigley.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:56 pm

1 game isn't enough for me to rush out and drop my run of the mill 4th OF for him. I want to see more from him than one game.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Krunk City King$ » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:00 pm

Red Stripe wrote:1 game isn't enough for me to rush out and drop my run of the mill 4th OF for him. I want to see more from him than one game.

it will be too late.....
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rentz » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:07 pm

yup... with fantasy baseball you take the chance on one good outing, or you miss the boat.
im leaning towards holding off on murton
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:33 pm

If you expect a lot of HR's don't pick him up.

His value is in decent contribution in hr/sb (in the 10-15 range) and consistant average. I have him in a deep 14 team league 6 keeper league in which I didn't get a draft pick until the 8th round (I'd traded a lot of picks to fix up the team I took over at the end of last year). He's very valuable for where you can get him but probably isn't worth a pickup in 3 OF 12 team mixed leagues.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:24 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:1 game isn't enough for me to rush out and drop my run of the mill 4th OF for him. I want to see more from him than one game.

it will be too late.....

...exactly so I'll be missing out on him. He wasn't exactly a highly touted prospect so this could just be a fluke. I'll hold off on him, I don't see anything in him.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby reznorsboy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:53 pm

I got him for $1. I predicted 25 -30 HR from him this year. I don't think it was one good outing I noticed his skills at the end of last year.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tal1286 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:23 am

Red Stripe wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:

it will be too late.....

...exactly so I'll be missing out on him. He wasn't exactly a highly touted prospect so this could just be a fluke. I'll hold off on him, I don't see anything in him.

I don't think it's a fluke. He was pretty good last season and I'd be very surprised and even more disappointed if he ends up being a 2 month wonder in the bigs.

This could just be the "irrational cubs fan" in me but i like to think I have a realistic view of where we're going. i mean, we're a lock for WS champs this season so... :-D

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:17 am

Red Stripe wrote:...exactly so I'll be missing out on him. He wasn't exactly a highly touted prospect so this could just be a fluke. I'll hold off on him, I don't see anything in him.

He was a 1st round pick (32nd overall). He was a career .309 hitter in minors, with a .380 oba.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers