Very confused by new yahoo setup, can't DL players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Very confused by new yahoo setup, can't DL players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby swyck » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:19 pm

If you set daily lineups ahead of time you have to DL the player on each day that the lineup was set. That's because changes you make for today's lineup do not apply to the lineups you've already set for the future.

That doesnt apply to transactions, drops or trades, but a DL is a roster change not a transaction.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby just_A_girl » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:14 am

That makes sense, thank you. I noticed my lineup changes on Tuesday didn't carry over to Wednesday, but Wednesday carried over to thursday. It's inconsistent is all.

Gwyddbwyll wrote:It was like that last year so I dont think they're going to change anything. It's confusing for new players I agree.

I think it's just plain confusing. I'm not a new player and neither is the guy who couldn't figure this out. We've all been playing in the same yahoo league together for years, with the same settings, which include two DL slots. It's yahoo that's changed, but whatayagonna do?
Bear in mind, I've been trying to get a life...
just_A_girl Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Sweet 16 Champion

Postby KolbSaves » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:21 pm

just_A_girl wrote:That makes sense, thank you. I noticed my lineup changes on Tuesday didn't carry over to Wednesday, but Wednesday carried over to thursday. It's inconsistent is all.

Gwyddbwyll wrote:It was like that last year so I dont think they're going to change anything. It's confusing for new players I agree.

I think it's just plain confusing. I'm not a new player and neither is the guy who couldn't figure this out. We've all been playing in the same yahoo league together for years, with the same settings, which include two DL slots. It's yahoo that's changed, but whatayagonna do?

It's not inconsistant, it has to do with how many days you set your lineup ahead of time already.

Example:
It's Wednesday and I change my lineup for today, Thursday, and Friday. (ie, have different lineups than today). If player x goes on the DL (let's just call him....Nomar Freakin Garciaparra), then I have to dl him not only today but move ahead to Thursday and Friday and dl him there as well due to the fact that my lineup had changed each day and yahoo was preserving those changes. Once you put Nomar on the dl for the last day that you made any lineup changes, it will set him on the dl from there forth and you've freed up a roster spot for you to pick up Sergio "Meat Tray" Mitre or Choo (Choo) Freeman.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers