CLUELESS SCOTSMAN NEEDS HELP!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

CLUELESS SCOTSMAN NEEDS HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CLUELESS SCOTSMAN NEEDS HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Postby MMCGlasgow » Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:25 am

Okay folks, here's the deal. I know absolutely nothing about MLB, and yet find myself competing in a league in Yahoo's fantasy baseball. I only went in to help make up the numbers with some guys I do a football pool with (I know a WEE bit about football, see?).

So I'd said to myself "Just go in to make up the numbers. It's no big deal." But now my team is lying in last place, and it's bugging the HELL out of me. I want to fix my team, but don't really know how to go about it. See what you think - please give me some advice!

C Paul Lo Duca LA
1B Raul Ibanez KC
2B Matt Kata Ari
3B Eric Chavez Oak
SS Ramon Vasquez SD
OF Reggie Sanders Pit
OF Rocco Baldelli TB
OF Bobby Abreau Phi
Util Jose Hernandez ChC
Bench Cliff Floyd NYM

SP Roy Halladay Tor
SP Steve Trachsel NYM
SP Randy Wolf Phi
RP Eric Gagne LA
RP Billy Koch CWS
RP Carl Pavano Fla
P Tomo Ohka Mon
P Chris Reitsma Cin
P Claudio Vargas Mon
Bench John Thomson Tex
DL Randy Johnson Ari

Like I say, I know pretty much nowt about baseball (though I AM learning), so the chances of me being able to give opinions on other teams are pretty limited, but I really need your help, 'cos I'm being STOMPED!!!!!!
MMCGlasgow
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Super GM » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:34 am

Start out by dumping Jose Hernandez, he's not worth anything. See if you can find Alex Cintron or Mark Loretta on your FA list or WW. Also you're really weak at second base. I don't think Kata is going to do it...I'm sure you can do better than Vazquez at short too. Add Loretta and Cintron and you'll have some short term relief at those two positions, because they're eligible at both positions.... Chavez at 3rd is pretty much your only power source...So make a trade for some power...Oh yeah, before I forget, Cliff Floyd might be making a trip to the DL, so see if you can get something decent in return for him in a trade. As I said before, look for some power...While you're upgrading your power, you could also look to add some speed to your lineup...See if Kenny Lofton is available....Oh, and as an upgrade for second base, you could also look for Bo Hart....

Your pitching staff will be a lot better once RJ returns from the DL, which should be shortly after the All-Star break. Go ahead and drop Reitsma and Thomson and see if you can find Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Webb, Horacio Ramirez, Jerome Williams or Jeriome Robertson....In that order. After that you should be fine for a wile...

Good luck! ;-D

The GM
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:46 pm

lol

Every name you've mentioned so far is already taken.......

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team