Billy Wagner keeps Enter Sandman; New York Riots - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Wagner keeps Enter Sandman; New York Riots

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:29 pm

I was really starting to get into the Mets a little bit last year and this year as well. I'll always root for them to lose in the end but I enjoy following them and I like their players. Not to mention you can't get away from them if you listen to WFAN in NY and WFAN sure kicks the crap out of ESPN... This all being said...

Billy Wagner is dead to me. Dead! And to you Met fans: If you think this is anything less than a disgraceful bush league move by your wanna-be second class citizen franchise you have no respect. I don't care if Wagner chose the song whenever he did. He should never have chose it in the first place and you sure as ____ never should have let it be played in a stadium other than in The Bronx. I guess you Met fan geeks think it's funny and no big deal.

You know what you go to a Yankee game for if you're a real Yankee fan? To hear Enter Sandman. Because that means the game is over and we get to celebrate for a half an inning. Now I bet you think it's cool that you have your own Sandman too right? You're all a bunch of no-class wannabe losers. Don't mess with The GOAT.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:36 pm

Guess what? The world does not revolve around the Yankees!

Get over it.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby DK » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:39 pm

AT, if you're quoting people from WFAN try to actually put quotes around them so it doesn't look like you're the ass that said it.

If that is your sentiment, however...
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:39 pm

AT wrote:I was really starting to get into the Mets a little bit last year and this year as well. I'll always root for them to lose in the end but I enjoy following them and I like their players. Not to mention you can't get away from them if you listen to WFAN in NY and WFAN sure kicks the crap out of ESPN... This all being said...

Billy Wagner is dead to me. Dead! And to you Met fans: If you think this is anything less than a disgraceful bush league move by your wanna-be second class citizen franchise you have no respect. I don't care if Wagner chose the song whenever he did. He should never have chose it in the first place and you sure as ____ never should have let it be played in a stadium other than in The Bronx. I guess you Met fan geeks think it's funny and no big deal.

You know what you go to a Yankee game for if you're a real Yankee fan? To hear Enter Sandman. Because that means the game is over and we get to celebrate for a half an inning. Now I bet you think it's cool that you have your own Sandman too right? You're all a bunch of no-class wannabe losers. Don't mess with The GOAT.

Lol. You're a tool. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Kavorka » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:39 pm

AT wrote:I was really starting to get into the Mets a little bit last year and this year as well. I'll always root for them to lose in the end but I enjoy following them and I like their players. Not to mention you can't get away from them if you listen to WFAN in NY and WFAN sure kicks the crap out of ESPN... This all being said...

Wow.

Is there a way I can never read any of this guys posts ever again?
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Matthias » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:52 pm

AT wrote:You know what you go to a Yankee game for if you're a real Yankee fan? To hear Enter Sandman. Because that means the game is over and we get to celebrate for a half an inning. Now I bet you think it's cool that you have your own Sandman too right? You're all a bunch of no-class wannabe losers. Don't mess with The GOAT.

I dunno: to me seeing a Yankees game means hearing Nancy Sinatra.

More than anything, this is a tempest in a teapot. But to the extent that it does mean anything, Billy Wagner as a Met owes no kowtow of respect to Mo. If the Yankees signed Wagner as a setup man, they may want to say, "umm... hey, Billy, that song is taken" because although some pitchers vary their song, Enter Sandman belongs to Mo as much as his number. But as a Met? No chance.

Although this does bring to mind a thread someone did last year collecting all the songs for ball players which was cool. Could at least make something positive out of this whole thread and dig it up.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nuggets » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:54 pm

DK wrote:AT, if you're quoting people from WFAN try to actually put quotes around them so it doesn't look like you're the ass that said it.

If that is your sentiment, however...

I just can't get over picture DK saying that to someone...

" If that is your sentiment, however... Babe Ruth rescued my cat from a tree " :-b
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nuggets » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:58 pm

Matthias wrote:More than anything, this is a tempest in a teapot.

How is it that the American version is this and the Brittish version is "storm in a teacup" which seems to make more sense? (desperately trying to change the subject :-D )
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rirruto » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:09 pm

AT, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this message board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby RugbyD » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:59 pm

my money is on Wagner in a fight. problem solved.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers