Billy Wagner keeps Enter Sandman; New York Riots - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Wagner keeps Enter Sandman; New York Riots

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thedude » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:44 pm

Wagner has no right to use that song. MLB should make closers register thier theme songs, so no two are the same. ;-7

I guess if the Mets sign a shortstop with the number 2, he should change his number so that he isn't compared to Jeter...
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Xtreemes » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:47 pm

Hes been using the song as long as rivera. If he was going to the Yankees then he should change the song, but saying he should change the song cause he comes to the same city is just stupid. Thats like saying if someone comes to the Yankees who wore 31 their whole career they should change it because that was Mike Piazza's number.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dyuen87 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:47 pm

:-b

Who cares? Unelss Mo complains, i really dont think it should matter. Was this Mike and the Mad Dog on WFAN? They're not that great anyway, they run out of stuff to talk about so they bring up random stuff no one cares about.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:49 pm

Who cares if people want to compare him to Rivera? Like that's a big deal? Rivera is the yardstick by which all relievers are compared to anyway. This comparison will happen this year whether Wags uses Enter Sandman or something by Simon & Garfunkel. Obviously this is a bigger deal to some Yankees fans than they want to let on.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:50 pm

Xtreemes wrote:Hes been using the song as long as rivera. If he was going to the Yankees then he should change the song, but saying he should change the song cause he comes to the same city is just stupid. Thats like saying if someone comes to the Yankees who wore 31 their whole career they should change it because that was Mike Piazza's number.

Free country he can do what he wants...just don't complain when every other question he is asked by the media is a reference to his music or Mariano. A person with a little PR savy would avoid that comparison like bubonic plague. And it will get the juices flowing of the Yankee fans...not that we need any more reason to really dislike the team from Queens.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Rirruto » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:51 pm

My manager gave me a good way to look at it. People don't listen to Mike & the Mad Dog because they're smart or because their opinions are highly regarded, people listen to them because they are entertainers and they stir things up. Plain and simple. The stupid things that come out of their mouths do not phase me anymore, I just laugh them off or don't pay them any mind, they're just there to entertain.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Minor League Skilz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:55 pm

Xtreemes wrote:Hes been using the song as long as rivera. If he was going to the Yankees then he should change the song, but saying he should change the song cause he comes to the same city is just stupid. Thats like saying if someone comes to the Yankees who wore 31 their whole career they should change it because that was Mike Piazza's number.

If you asked me Mike Piazza's number I would have had to think about it. Don't most baseball fans in New York associate that song with Mariano or am I wrong?

I don't think the numbers are a great comparison. Maybe if the Yanks wrote a new song called "Meet the yankees" and it had the same beat as the Mets song. Or if they started using a mascot called Mr Yankee that looked like this Image

but they threw some navy in there.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:58 pm

Minor League Skilz wrote:

If you asked me Mike Piazza's number I would have had to think about it. Don't most baseball fans in New York associate that song with Mariano or am I wrong?

I don't think the numbers are a great comparison. Maybe if the Yanks wrote a new song called "Meet the yankees" and it had the same beat as the Mets song. Or if they started using a mascot called Mr Yankee that looked like this Image

LMAO. Somehow I think even pinstripes and Navy Blue would not save an equivalent mascot in the Stadium. Life expectency would be about 30 minutes imo...less if they send him to the RF bleechers.
Last edited by TheYanks04 on Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CHE » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:00 pm

Yanking fans are abunch of babys if they care about the song :-b
You think wanger gaves a **** what you guys htink. Its his song, so hes gona play unless he gets pressured, from the front office or somthing.
ThA KinG : 55 points - tied for first place
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:00 pm

Minor League Skilz wrote:

Last I checked, "Meet the Mets" and Mr. Met were licensed by The New York Mets, while "Enter Sandman" was licensed by Metallica. :-?

If Mariano played "The Mariano Rivera Song" maybe your comparison would make sense.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers