Billy Wagner keeps Enter Sandman; New York Riots - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Wagner keeps Enter Sandman; New York Riots

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Xtreemes » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:24 pm

AT wrote:I finally found a decent comparison. It's like when Ladanian Tomlinson started getting called L.T. regularly and asked Lawrence Taylor if he had a problem with it. LT said no, so there you go. Tomlinson had no obligation to do so, but he has class and it was the right thing to do. They aren't even in the same town, or coast, and play on opposite sides of the ball for that matter and one of them isn't even playing anymore. I think LT should have broken his legs in a cocaine induced beating, but that's all it would've taken for Yankee fans to be ok with it.

Thats not the same thing at all. It would be similar if Wagner just decided to use the song now. But he's been using it for 10 years. And then it still wouldn't be the same, because if anyone he should ask Metallica, they have much more claim over the song than Rivera.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:27 pm

wrveres wrote:and if I so much as hear you whistling 'Hells Bells' .. You are dead to me. :-b

LOL...'no, you CAN'T whistle THAT, it's MY CLOSER'S theme song!!' :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby reznorsboy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:07 am

I think that all closers should have an entrance song. It really gets the fans involved. A closer should get to choose any song they want. (except Hells Bells) ;-)
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Xtreemes » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:55 am

During the Yankees game tonight they said that Mariano was asked by reporters before the game about Billy using the song. He said he doesn't care, and he doesn't see what the big deal is.

End of story.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:25 am

Yeah they posted the interview in the NY Times online edition:

"If the guy feels comfortable using that song, hey, let him be, let him be."

Asked if he liked the song, Rivera said: "You want me to tell the truth? I don't want to get in trouble."

"I don't listen to that kind of music," he added, more bluntly. "I don't love the song."
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:28 am

Xtreemes wrote:During the Yankees game tonight they said that Mariano was asked by reporters before the game about Billy using the song. He said he doesn't care, and he doesn't see what the big deal is.

End of story.

LOL...until the next Mike and the Mad Dog show. Although with Torre's inept managing today, they may have a new target to beat up on fo the next day or two.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WittyC » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:29 am

Amazinz wrote:Yeah they posted the interview in the NY Times online edition:

"If the guy feels comfortable using that song, hey, let him be, let him be."

Asked if he liked the song, Rivera said: "You want me to tell the truth? I don't want to get in trouble."

"I don't listen to that kind of music," he added, more bluntly. "I don't love the song."

Yeah, that's the thing... I could see Wagner cruising around blasting that song. Rivera seems waaaaaaay too relaxed for that; like he should have Mozart going or something.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:33 am

I have kept my mouth shut all along, so I'll generally follow that and keep it short and sweet: It's only a song. Move on.

There are plenty of much better reasons for Yankee and Met fans to hate each other. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:11 am

Since this thread is dealing with Billy Wagner I'd like you to read this article that was posted on my league website. It made me think just how silly this thread is. That's why I'm posting it.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 43025.html
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:18 am

If I was a Mets fan I'd start calling Wagner 'Mo' just to see how many Yankees fans heads I could get to explode. Rivera said that it doesn't bother him at all that Wagner uses the song, and furthermore...that he doesn't even like the song. Can we all move on now?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers