Billy Wagner keeps Enter Sandman; New York Riots - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Wagner keeps Enter Sandman; New York Riots

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:54 pm

Who cares? Although reading/listening to all these Yankees fans on the Internet/sports radio is pretty amusing. Good times. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:40 pm

I have a solution.

We ask Kirk Hammett who should get the song.

The winner gets to keep the Sandman song the loser has to enter to "It's Raining Men" for a year.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby Minor League Skilz » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:53 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I have a solution.

The winner gets to keep the Sandman song the loser has to enter to "It's Raining Men" for a year.

Can I get a Halleluia?

So let it be done. :-D
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Another Blown Save » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:55 pm

He'll probably sue both of them :-b
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:08 pm

I've stayed out of this thread due to the absurdity level being so high, but I just can't bite my tongue any longer.....

No one has a right to complain about the use of the song other than Metallica. It's Metallica's song, not Mo's, not the Yankee's, not the Yankee fan's, it's Metallica's. Enter Sandman is not a Yankee or Mo thing, it's a Metallica thing. Plain and simple.

To listen to people whine, cry, and complain about someone else using something that isn't theirs to begin with, is pathetic. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:10 pm

That is fantastic. :-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:17 pm

Madison wrote:I've stayed out of this thread due to the absurdity level being so high, but I just can't bite my tongue any longer.....

No one has a right to complain about the use of the song other than Metallica. It's Metallica's song, not Mo's, not the Yankee's, not the Yankee fan's, it's Metallica's. Enter Sandman is not a Yankee or Mo thing, it's a Metallica thing. Plain and simple.

To listen to people whine, cry, and complain about someone else using something that isn't theirs to begin with, is pathetic. :-t

Quick! Someone take Mad's sig and avatar! }:-)

:-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby AT » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:16 pm

I finally found a decent comparison. It's like when Ladanian Tomlinson started getting called L.T. regularly and asked Lawrence Taylor if he had a problem with it. LT said no, so there you go. Tomlinson had no obligation to do so, but he has class and it was the right thing to do. They aren't even in the same town, or coast, and play on opposite sides of the ball for that matter and one of them isn't even playing anymore. I think LT should have broken his legs in a cocaine induced beating, but that's all it would've taken for Yankee fans to be ok with it.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:23 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:

That is fantastic. :-D

+1!!

On a related note, are there any guidelines as to what songs you can use? Is Metalica the most metal that MLB allows or could a thrashier closer elect to use Slayer or Sepultura or some other band at the risk of having off color lyrics that might offend the syringe tossers in the crowd? Or Big Boi, for that matter? :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:23 pm

AT wrote:I finally found a decent comparison. It's like when Ladanian Tomlinson started getting called L.T. regularly and asked Lawrence Taylor if he had a problem with it. LT said no, so there you go. Tomlinson had no obligation to do so, but he has class and it was the right thing to do. They aren't even in the same town, or coast, and play on opposite sides of the ball for that matter and one of them isn't even playing anymore. I think LT should have broken his legs in a cocaine induced beating, but that's all it would've taken for Yankee fans to be ok with it.

Its LT² to you mister .. :-D

and if I so much as hear you whistling 'Hells Bells' .. You are dead to me. :-b
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 642)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers