varitek frustration - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

varitek frustration

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

varitek frustration

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:18 pm

i know mirabelli is wakefield's catcher, but is he also designated catcher for BH Kim?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Clockerq » Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:25 pm

from a fantasy standpoint i understand your frustration,,the wake thing kept me from drafting jason,,my league has a short roster,,,but from a "real" baseball point of view its understandable. mirabelli isn't bad. i think we've (yes i'm a redsoxfan) got the best 1-2 catcher combo in the league. just one of those things u have to live with in fantasy baseball.
Clockerq
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HYLRedSox » Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:10 am

Yes Mirabelli catches for Wake, but even with every 5th day off, you can't complain about the 16 HR's and what 50 RBI, .304 average. And besides, it helps for catchers to get a decent amount of days off, that way he'll be around all season.
HYLRedSox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:12 am

Varitek would probably miss one game a week for rest anyway. At least this way you know ahead of time which games he will miss and can put in a backup if you have one.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jdh » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:00 am

All catchers get a day or two of rest every week regardless of whether they use a personal catchers system or not. The only exceptions to the rule would be a guy like Lo Duca who is switched to 1B or OF a few days a week so he doesn't need off days, or someone like Phillips on the Mets who qualifies at C but really plays every day at a different position.

As far as Mirabelli being Kim's personal catcher, I doubt it. It's unlikely they would make a catching change just for the 9th inning to give the closer his personal catcher.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers