Sosa Making A Statement? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sosa Making A Statement?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sosa Making A Statement?

Postby fac273 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:12 pm

The guy launched 2 more dingers today against ATL. That's 7 round-trippers in the past 10 games! ;-D

Finding his stroke? Peeved about the all-star snub? Or more cork in his bat? Discuss.
fac273
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:45 pm

How can anyone possibly argue that Sosa got snubbed off the all star team? The fact of the matter is he missed too much time with injuries and a suspension, and his numbers this year just were not all star calibre. No way he should have been rubber stamped onto the team just because of what he's done in the past.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BostonBK7 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:49 pm

I think he's just getting back to being himself. It would greatly annoy me if someone thought he corked his bat again, I mean cmon, give this guy a break. He's a great hitter and thats it.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Leiter Fan » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:22 am

Sosa is a cheat and a fraud. Obviously, he hasn't always used a corked bat, but only an idiot would believe him when he says it was the only time (and he was just that unlucky enough to be caught in his first attempt). The fact that he wants to play me for a retard is what really makes me think of him as garbage right now.

He has a long road back to gain back the trust of the fans!!! He should have his bat checked after every home run for the rest of the season, and count himself lucky that he's still playing!!!

Jerk!!!
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Brokentusks9 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:54 am

BostonBK7 wrote:He's a cheater and thats it.

Fixed! ;-D
Brokentusks9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:37 am

Leiter Fan wrote:Sosa is a cheat and a fraud. Obviously, he hasn't always used a corked bat, but only an idiot would believe him when he says it was the only time (and he was just that unlucky enough to be caught in his first attempt). The fact that he wants to play me for a retard is what really makes me think of him as garbage right now.

He has a long road back to gain back the trust of the fans!!! He should have his bat checked after every home run for the rest of the season, and count himself lucky that he's still playing!!!

Jerk!!!

Man, sounds like alot of hatred? The corking really doesnt bother me. He served his suspension, and the bad press far outweighs any gain, if he ever hit a hr with one.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Super GM » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:43 am

Brokentusks9 wrote:
BostonBK7 wrote:He's a cheater and thats it.

Fixed! ;-D
Nice work! ;-D
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers