Is there an alternative to Stattracker? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is there an alternative to Stattracker?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is there an alternative to Stattracker?

Postby Chip1010 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:02 am

Yahoo's thing looks pretty nice, but I'm wondering if there's a freeware program that can do the same thing for me. If not, cool. I don't mind paying the $10. But if there's a free program out there that can track all your players, I'd like to check it out.

Any ideas? Thanks, guys.
Chip1010
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:42 am

ive been looking for the same thing, i dont really want to give yahoo my money just to track my players.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:52 am

Still nothing out there that I've heard of.

It's $10. Big deal. If no one bought it, they might actually start charging to play fantasy leagues. I have no problems spending $2.50 per team (one time purchase tracks all 4 teams) for up to the minute stats each and every single day of the season. It's definitely worth it, and in H2H leagues (which I thankfully avoided this year!), it's almost a must have.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rentz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:59 am

i didnt realize it would cover more than 1 team.... and whats worse is i didnt realize you could have more than 2 teams under 1 login! UGH ive got 4 teams spread out on 2 logins, because a few years ago i tried to have 3 fantasy football teams, and it said the limit was 2... guess they lifted that...oh well.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mrider » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:59 am

If you really wanted you could probably set up a spread sheet that would do that sort of thing in Excel. It would take a while and you would have to input stats yourself but it would work.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:07 am

There was this thing on a UC Berkeley site last year that someone posted and you just had to upload the link to your matchup. It had the normal categories and added them all up from the players. Unfortunately, my computer crashed recently and I lost the link.

I'll probably invest in it for this year after their usually early-season trial runs out.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby rentz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:14 am

i still cant believe you can have more than 2 teams per account and i never even tried it... ugh... sorry im ranting and totally threadjacking and going off topic.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:59 am

rentz wrote:i still cant believe you can have more than 2 teams per account and i never even tried it... ugh... sorry im ranting and totally threadjacking and going off topic.

From what I remember, it's always been 4. You can have up to 4 teams under any login account.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby rentz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:04 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
rentz wrote:i still cant believe you can have more than 2 teams per account and i never even tried it... ugh... sorry im ranting and totally threadjacking and going off topic.

From what I remember, it's always been 4. You can have up to 4 teams under any login account.

maybe it was just football that had 2....guess i assumed it was for both... but one year i was going to be in3 ff leagues, and it forced me to create a new account.
i may email yahoo and see if there is any way possible to combine the 2 so i can buy stat-tracker for all 4.

its a better deal now that i know it covers all teams, not just 1
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 4Pack » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:23 am

rentz wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

maybe it was just football that had 2....guess i assumed it was for both... but one year i was going to be in3 ff leagues, and it forced me to create a new account.
i may email yahoo and see if there is any way possible to combine the 2 so i can buy stat-tracker for all 4.

its a better deal now that i know it covers all teams, not just 1

Good luck with that. In one of my Yahoo names I did not use Statracker for Baseball last season...however I wanted it for Football. Sooooo....after the free Statracker ran out in Mid September for football...I proceeded to purchase it for the rest of the season. I can't remember exactly how I managed it...but I ended up accidently purchasing the statracker in my baseball league by mistake. Well...I e-mailed Yahoo explaining what happened and that I would obviously not have purchased Statracker for that league in baseball (since I was already eliminated form the playoffs even actually) and asked them to correct my mistake and apply the statracker to my football acount as I had intended.

They would not do it! Yep...a little pissed I was.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers