Yahoo - where is the classic stattracker? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo - where is the classic stattracker?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:28 am

SoxAndTheCity wrote:
Ender wrote:It still baffles me that anyone would go back to the old piece of junk stattracker instead of the new one. It baffled me last year when they made the change and everyone complained and it still baffles me.

If you don't mind having to scroll back and forth and up and down just to see how your whole team is doing in all the stats rather than just being able to expand the size of the window like you can in the classic stattracker then I guess it would work fine for you.

That one flaw is so egregious as to make it totally unacceptable to most people. As a result, it doesn't matter how awesome and slick the rest of it is because most people can't get past that. It'd be like upgrading to a new video card and finding out that it only paints half the screen. Yeah, it might do that half really fast and in 693.4-bit color, but most people will call it trash.

That's what the new stattracker is, a POS.

:-t

Ok that doesn't bother me at all, guess thats why I never understood.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:57 am

Ender wrote:
SoxAndTheCity wrote:
Ender wrote:It still baffles me that anyone would go back to the old piece of junk stattracker instead of the new one. It baffled me last year when they made the change and everyone complained and it still baffles me.

If you don't mind having to scroll back and forth and up and down just to see how your whole team is doing in all the stats rather than just being able to expand the size of the window like you can in the classic stattracker then I guess it would work fine for you.

That one flaw is so egregious as to make it totally unacceptable to most people. As a result, it doesn't matter how awesome and slick the rest of it is because most people can't get past that. It'd be like upgrading to a new video card and finding out that it only paints half the screen. Yeah, it might do that half really fast and in 693.4-bit color, but most people will call it trash.

That's what the new stattracker is, a POS.

:-t

Ok that doesn't bother me at all, guess thats why I never understood.
;-D :-D
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Postby West » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:27 am

Just curious, has anyone noticed that you can't set your roster a few days in advance anymore? What's the deal with that?
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby Coppernob » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:00 pm

Another tip for all firefox users.

I have my four stattracker classics opened in four tabs - then you can bookmark all four tabs into one bookmark, so next time you just have to go to one bokmark and it opens all four in one go.
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby KolbSaves » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:01 pm

West wrote:Just curious, has anyone noticed that you can't set your roster a few days in advance anymore? What's the deal with that?

You must be doing something wrong. Remember, if you make a roster move all your future lineup changes will be reset.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby West » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:16 pm

This isn't what I'm talking about. Last year on your team page you used to be able to click on a date and set your lineup for that day, for the purpose of making lineup changes a few days in advance. This year there is no such option. Hasn't anyone else noticed this?
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby KolbSaves » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:17 pm

West wrote:This isn't what I'm talking about. Last year on your team page you used to be able to click on a date and set your lineup for that day, for the purpose of making lineup changes a few days in advance. This year there is no such option. Hasn't anyone else noticed this?

Maybe look harder? It's there :-?
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jblank » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:51 pm

Old piece of junk? This new one is the piece of junk. Its slow to update, slow to navigate, you cant maximize the screen and have it fill in the data, etc, etc, etc. The other one works PERFECTLY, there is/was no reason to change it.

What I can't believe is that people like this new one.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kentx12 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:17 pm

I also that the new version is junk. I was getting ready to pay for the service when I saw this thread. If the classic version isnt available I will be saving my money this year. Does anyone have the e-mail addy so I can ask them if they are going to have the old stat tracker??

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Tribe-Fan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:38 pm

I got an email back from Yahoo! customer service that told me how to just add that classic extension on the web address. I can only assume that they plan to leave this active all year, and I would not be surprised if they add a direct link again like last year, especially if they get a bunch of complaints.
Eternal vigilance is the price of integrity.
Tribe-Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers